Auto interior dimensions

Christhebuilder

51 minutes ago, Christhebuilder said:

I don't have the option for auto interior dimensions available in the dimension drop down menu. Am I missing a setting that makes its available? Auto exterior is there, NKAB is there, Just not auto interior. What am I missing? 

It has been changed to a room only option.  When you select a room, you will 

see auto int dim in the edit menu.

All rooms at same time was too much.

2 minutes ago, JJohnson said:

It has been changed to a room only option.  When you select a room, you will 

see auto int dim in the edit menu.

All rooms at same time was too much.

it still works for all rooms, i have auto interior dimensions in my toolbars and it works as it always did

17 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

it still works for all rooms, i have auto interior dimensions in my toolbars and it works as it always did

Why would you want it to ?  Every room gets about 6 strings....

I prefer room by room.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JJohnson said:

Why would you want it to ?  Every room gets about 6 strings....

I prefer room by room.  

specifically for takeoffs and electrical.

I have my auto interior dims set on a layer called takeoffs and a very light grey dimension string. when I select on an architectural component to adjust its location CA uses the color I've set to highlight the dimension strings that can control that architectural feature. It's a very efficient way of doing as-builts for me.

I have auto interiors in my electrical set to find electrical fixtures...works well for me.

Notice the light grey dims that are not active when selecting a wall to be moved...when I'm done, I turn off the takeoffs layer:

Capture.thumb.PNG.9acab088300b83c9a6e574719495017f.PNG

28 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

specifically for takeoffs and electrical.

I have my auto interior dims set on a layer called takeoffs and a very light grey dimension string. when I select on an architectural component to adjust its location CA uses the color I've set to highlight the dimension strings that can control that architectural feature. It's a very efficient way of doing as-builts for me.

I have auto interiors in my electrical set to find electrical fixtures...works well for me.

Notice the light grey dims that are not active when selecting a wall to be moved...when I'm done, I turn off the takeoffs layer:

Capture.thumb.PNG.9acab088300b83c9a6e574719495017f.PNG

Nice.  Things to try.  

Thanks

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ElzaBDesign
    Newest Member
    ElzaBDesign

• By Designer100
      Pole dimesnons on Elevation 3 left is putting wrong ceiling ht at 102" (or 8.5") surpose to be 9'. cannot seem to change it in defaults.
      going to levels 1st floor defaults , it shows correct at 108 in. But then under pole dimensions it shows 8 ft 5 in.  I would appreciate any help.

Interactve Copiers Unlimited Building.plan
    • By MarkMc
      I received a couple of question from folks at and after yesterdays GTM I'm attaching a plan and a layout in a zip file. Consider this something for forensic examination-to use to figure out how you want ot go about things. There are very likely mistakes, I'm certain that some of the label macros need work and in the course of putting this together some unwanted ones may have dropped in from the library..

There was a request at the meeting for annosets. I agree with Perry and Scott that you need to put together what works for you but this may help get you going. The annosets here are a recent update to mine and may have mistakes yet. Started with something, a year or so later updated it, learned some more, fudged it as I went, now going working on a new and improved revised set. No you do NOT need to change annosets with every release. Yes you can use the same annosets for multiple templates (reference manual). OR you can use different ones. It's a good idea to export them somewhere (like the CA data file) with a date associated for when you muck them up or need to go back or want them somewhere else. I keep a second set that is less used for new construction that is different than my everyday remodel set. Just cuts down on the clutter.  
      Label macros included- the principal I'm working with is to use one macro while I work so I know what is going on, then to change all the cabinets on the primary layers to have another macro that works for ordering nomenclature (3 inch increments for example) To get any of the macros out you open the macro management dbx pick it and export- then do the reverse in another plan and import (HIT F1)  
      There was a question about the molding warehouse- included some in one room with a note. Don't forget to play with the new drag a profile from the library feature.  
      Countertops-no chief will not automatically label finished edges- see the plan, keep some text int there and copy and paste. (maybe someone from the dark side can write a macro for that but I'm not going there.) A few ways to get millwork and other things into a schedule- included one arch block turned sideways to show the problem from using them. couple of odd symbols thingies for the schedules. Included-an architectural block with a wood hood and a blower insert inside it. The blower insert is currently set so you can't really resize it without going into the symnbol DBX and changing things (look in the reference manual and play with it -best way to learn) You can use this to see if the blower you want will fit in the hood the client wants. Glass house view, cross section slider, backclipped elevations. Odds and ends-if you have not seen Scott Harris method of globally changing kitchen cabinets you should check it out. Basically he keeps a couple of cabinets on the side in different door/color/construction. Then picks one and sets as default  (one reason I ONLY use cabinets that respect the defaults even though some things don't AND naturally changing from overlay to inset requires some heavy redesign) There was a mention that 2020 will underline a label if you alter the size of a cabinet from the default. Chief won't. Thing is that 2020 will also underline the label if you add an accessory or a modification to the cabinet so it is NOT saving you from yourself (unless you do those last) File and layout attached, neither is complete, but worth fooling with I think.

• By Ange822
      I am using Chief Architect Premier X9

My defaults seemed to have changed so that when I select a window - it is now showing temporary dimensions of the window casing / center of window / trim. (see attached screen shots)
      How do I change this to only show the window opening to wall stud? 

thanks in advanced!
      Angela 

• By Designer100
      Hi,
           I am trying to place columns and grid line with dimensions.
      I have to create on column circles and columns lines , then the dimensions will not place correctly to center usining manunel dimensinos (its leaves 12in on each side of column center lines.
      Chief Architect needs to be more friendly and have more commercial symbols and column lines to dimensions to them. They do have a commercial templet, but it does not have any of those.
      Plus they need commercial window details etc. I am donating this for a non-profit to design a rendering and another area added on the back of this building.I am donating a rendering of exterior to help them fund raise $300.000.00 (by December) to buy the exist. building and remodel adding finishes to look better and another 2,000 s.f. to it.

Can anyone help me on working out the Grid center lines and will measuring correctly? turn on background and existing bldg. is under neath. 

Thanks,

Newell
      CA Premier x 12

Porter Road Floor Plan existing.PDF
      Existing Building remodeling.Addition.plan
    • By sascea
      Does anyone know how to change the decimal under the story pole marker lines? I've attached a picture, it's the numbers circled in orange. I would like to get rid of them completely as some of my story pole markers are close together and this takes up extra space.

Thank you in advance!!