Auto interior dimensions

Christhebuilder

51 minutes ago, Christhebuilder said:

I don't have the option for auto interior dimensions available in the dimension drop down menu. Am I missing a setting that makes its available? Auto exterior is there, NKAB is there, Just not auto interior. What am I missing? 

It has been changed to a room only option.  When you select a room, you will 

see auto int dim in the edit menu.

All rooms at same time was too much.

2 minutes ago, JJohnson said:

It has been changed to a room only option.  When you select a room, you will 

see auto int dim in the edit menu.

All rooms at same time was too much.

it still works for all rooms, i have auto interior dimensions in my toolbars and it works as it always did

17 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

it still works for all rooms, i have auto interior dimensions in my toolbars and it works as it always did

Why would you want it to ?  Every room gets about 6 strings....

I prefer room by room.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JJohnson said:

Why would you want it to ?  Every room gets about 6 strings....

I prefer room by room.  

specifically for takeoffs and electrical.

I have my auto interior dims set on a layer called takeoffs and a very light grey dimension string. when I select on an architectural component to adjust its location CA uses the color I've set to highlight the dimension strings that can control that architectural feature. It's a very efficient way of doing as-builts for me.

I have auto interiors in my electrical set to find electrical fixtures...works well for me.

Notice the light grey dims that are not active when selecting a wall to be moved...when I'm done, I turn off the takeoffs layer:

Capture.thumb.PNG.9acab088300b83c9a6e574719495017f.PNG

28 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

specifically for takeoffs and electrical.

I have my auto interior dims set on a layer called takeoffs and a very light grey dimension string. when I select on an architectural component to adjust its location CA uses the color I've set to highlight the dimension strings that can control that architectural feature. It's a very efficient way of doing as-builts for me.

I have auto interiors in my electrical set to find electrical fixtures...works well for me.

Notice the light grey dims that are not active when selecting a wall to be moved...when I'm done, I turn off the takeoffs layer:

Capture.thumb.PNG.9acab088300b83c9a6e574719495017f.PNG

Nice.  Things to try.  

Thanks