Manufacturer color and texture

Jay_on_Cape

Hello All,

I've searched  and I can't seem to find the obvious.  How does one use a manufacturer color AND texture.  For example how does one use the Mastic Home Exteriors texture (Board and Batten) and assign one of the colors to it?  I can do one or another but not both.  Thank you in advance.  As you can tell I usually do construction documents and rarely bother with renders.

10 minutes ago, solver said:

After changing the material, try this to paint a color.

ct1.thumb.png.b552071ecc5361ce69db94d887df246a.png

Thanks Solver!!!!  I did finally found it after a couple hours of searching.  I was too intent on doing it in the dbx.  I didn't realize you had to do it in 3d.

3 hours ago, Dermot said:

You can also blend the color in the Define Material dialog:

blend color.png

He wants to use the Manufacturer's Colours in their Library Dermot , so the usual way doesn't work as you can't assign them as the Pattern Colour it seems and only one (BAD) texture is provided.

There is something wrong with the Mastic B&B Texture , it takes 12-15 secs to update a Wall Definition with it and even longer using the material definition tool to open it once on the Wall. Also due to the Texture sizing, 7" x 7", it makes the Siding look like it is "banded" on the wall. Personally I don't think it looks like B&B at all , the Batten appears reversed to my eyes......ie inset....

image.thumb.png.6a45a3de10915278ce4c253c81b1097d.png

Personally I don't recommend "painting" Exterior Walls from past experience.

M.

• Upvote 1