As built to remodel

knightbuilder

I am a new user and and put my as built in one file.  I saved the as built as a remodel and made all my changes to where walls are and other modifications.  Is there a way to overlay my remodel over my as built to see the changes?  I have viewed a video that said that I was supposed to lock a layer set but I unfortunately didn't do that before I started my remodel modifications.  Any help is extremely valuable as I really don't want to redo all the work I did?  Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, knightbuilder said:

I am a new user and and put my as built in one file.  I saved the as built as a remodel and made all my changes to where walls are and other modifications.  Is there a way to overlay my remodel over my as built to see the changes?  I have viewed a video that said that I was supposed to lock a layer set but I unfortunately didn't do that before I started my remodel modifications.  Any help is extremely valuable as I really don't want to redo all the work I did?  Thanks in advance.

So you didn't do a Save As and rename the File for example xxxxxxx-Residence-Proposed.Rev1  before proceeding with the Remodel plan?

with luck you enabled AutoSave and Auto Archive in Edit>Preferences (?) , and there is a Plan saved for you in the

Chief Premier X11 Data Folder > Archives>xxxxx  (YourFile-name with a bunch of numbers after it)

The Data Folder is usually in My Documents assuming you are a Windows User ?  please do you Signature as Eric Mentioned and continue with new questions in the Q&A Forum.

Thx.

M.

I am using version 11 and have searched for an answer.  I did save as the file into a remodel file.  I can't figure out how to layer the as built under the remodel.  I watched a video on templates and tried but it didn't work.  Maybe user error.

Click on the Floor Number <1> on the toolbar,  This will bring up a dbx (dialog window) where you can select the Reference Plan and the Floor, Layerset, etc.  You can now have multiple Reference Plans in X11.

btw, you are using version X11, not 11.  X11 is actually version 21.  I'm not sure why CA didn't name it XX1 but that's another question.

• Upvote 1