Sign in to follow this  
DHerb2014

Floating Bathroom Cabinet

I'm using X11 (or X10) and am having difficulty with trying to make a "floating bathroom cabinet"? I've tried everything and not sure how you would do this?

Just open the cabinet DBX and under the General tab change Finished Floor to Bottom the height you wish to raise it.

Graham, I'm not having any luck with the setting you recommend. Please see attachment.

There is something in the back of the cab that does not allow for removal? Not sure how to get rid of it

Bath Cab.png

1 minute ago, DHerb2014 said:

Graham, I'm not having any luck with the setting you recommend. Please see attachment.

There is something in the back of the cab that does not allow for removal? Not sure how to get rid of it

Bath Cab.png

Looks like the Toe Kick. Change it to "0" and adjust your cabinet height.

Posting your plan file will help others help you.

I'm thinking it might be something to do with X11 and eliminating the toe kick? Here's a standard front in X10 and another with bow front in X10. The bow front has something on right side running all way down to floor?

I tried X11 with standard face and the vertical "fin" still shows up. I'll upload the plan file for review and comment

X10 standard front.png

X10 bow front w_leg on right.png

Here's X11 standard and bow front cabs - both have the vertical fin

X11 standard and bow front cabs.jpg

2 minutes ago, DHerb2014 said:

I'm thinking it might be something to do with X11 and eliminating the toe kick? Here's a standard front in X10 and another with bow front in X10. The bow front has something on right side running all way down to floor?

I tried X11 with standard face and the vertical "fin" still shows up. I'll upload the plan file for review and comment

X10 standard front.png

X10 bow front w_leg on right.png

I just raised one in X11 and had no issues. You need to post the plan.

Your toe kick needs to be 0"

Please see attachment on toe kick set at "0" for both settings. Mine is not working like yours?

Toe kick 0.png

Please see attachment on toe kick set at "0" for both settings. Mine is not working like yours?

Toe kick 0.png

No you have to raise the Finished Floor Bottom up 12 inches for it to float.

Review all the settings in the image I posted -- not just the toe kick.

Thank you guys!

Eric, I reviewed all of your settings and it worked. I'm going to post a separate thread on Raytracing with X11 as I'm getting an error message after updating driver

Raytracing with X11 as I'm getting an error message after updating driver

Just roll-back the driver to your previous one. Not all new drivers are bug free.

I tried using my regular driver that I've been using for X10 without any problems. I tried it with X11 and got an error message. I asked Dan Bauman about it and he suggested upgrading the driver, which I did. Still got the error message and won't allow me to Raytrace?

I tried using my regular driver that I've been using for X10 without any problems. I tried it with X11 and got an error message. I asked Dan Bauman about it and he suggested upgrading the driver, which I did. Still got the error message and won't allow me to Raytrace?

What is the driver version you are having problems with?

Graham, it's 24.21.13.9924 driver date 9/5/2018; file version 2.1 NVIDIA Build_224; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Graham, it's 24.21.13.9924 driver date 9/5/2018; file version 2.1 NVIDIA Build_224; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

That's the same one as I have, haven't encountered any problems. Post a plan that you are having the problem with, maybe it's one of your settings.

5 minutes ago, DHerb2014 said:

Here's the plan that will not allow Raytracing

Chief_Test_Plan.plan

There is something wrong with that file. I reloaded the one you posted before and it is Ray Tracing just fine.

Bizarre...I'm going to quit X11 and reboot to see if it clears it out, then reload the test plan file