A Way to change insertion point of text from top left corner to bottom left corner?

Renerabbitt

In my experience, Rich Text inserts at the top center, and regular Text depends on the Alignment setting...Left (top left), right (top right), center (top center), justified (varies). 

No way to change it that I know of.  I just type what I want and then move it.  Honestly not sure how much time should be invested right now in changing the behaviour either.  Sometimes I want my text centered underneath something, sometimes I want it centered above something, sometimes I want it centered ON something, sometimes I want to use one of the corners of the entire text box for placement, and sometimes I want to use just the first line of text for the alignment. 

That's a toughy...just move the thing or utilize a myriad of settings and defaults.

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

In my experience, Rich Text inserts at the top center, and regular Text depends on the Alignment setting...Left (top left), right (top right), center (top center), justified (varies). 

No way to change it that I know of.  I just type what I want and then move it.  Honestly not sure how much time should be invested right now in changing the behaviour either.  Sometimes I want my text centered underneath something, sometimes I want it centered above something, sometimes I want it centered ON something, sometimes I want to use one of the corners of the entire text box for placement, and sometimes I want to use just the first line of text for the alignment. 

That's a toughy...just move the thing or utilize a myriad of settings and defaults.

I would love it if we could have snap points as a toggle-able toolbar button that changes the insertion point