kggfbchief

Using the Blackmagic eGPU

Recommended Posts

I have a MacBook Pro.... has anyone tried using the external Blackmagic eGPU to improve graphics performance ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, kggfbchief said:

I have a MacBook Pro.... has anyone tried using the external Blackmagic eGPU to improve graphics performance ? 

I have the Gigabyte Aorus and it kicks much butt. So long as your macbook has thunderbolt 3 eq. to 40mb/s.

nice to gain additional connection options for monitors with G-sync as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

I have the Gigabyte Aorus and it kicks much butt. So long as your macbook has thunderbolt 3 eq. to 40mb/s.

nice to gain additional connection options for monitors with G-sync as well

Doesn’t make that much of a difference according to this guy. 

Scrub to the 7th minute mark of the video....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

Doesn’t make that much of a difference according to this guy. 

Scrub to the 7th minute mark of the video....

 

 

I wouldn't trust that review seeing as though he didn't even troubleshoot the cause of his stuttering issues. Did he properly load drivers etc.

He is also reviewing the rx580 card. I personally own the 1070 nvidia version. He may have not been utilizing full 40mb/s as he would've needed to perform some benching to ensure its proper function. Take a look at the comments, some educated responses there

I can say from personal experience using Thea Render that the card decreased time to render from 17 hrs to 3 hours utilizing the pascal features of the card. A world of difference in my intended use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27645
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    ChiefUserTyMN
    Newest Member
    ChiefUserTyMN
    Joined