Newels

RedEagle

It really depends on what you need to accomplish.  If you need to offset it from the hand rail just a bit you can use the Newels/Posts Offset setting with a negative or positive value.  If you need to move the whole railing then it is usually best to add a layer to the railing wall definition with an invisible  Opening (no material) Material.  Other methods can be used depending on the situation.  Sometimes just a screen shot of where you are at and a clipped image or as built photo of what it needs to be does wonders for those trying to help.

Thanks for your help. Typically I like to show a rounded starter stair (full tread wrapped) with a centered newel and an offset to inside rail. Your suggestion lead me to the answer. Show default stair with newel, balusters and rail turned off. Create the starter stair, place the millwork newel,  then the railing wall. Finally move, resize, adjust and fine tune items as needed. The plan is now the way I want it and it looks great in 3D. Thanks again.