General contractor needs help with small/medium size projects

hargrovecompany

I'm looking to hire someone asap to help with drawings. Initial project is deck over garage.  I'm a contractor, specializing in remodels, and I have plenty of work to outsource.  Most of my projects are fairly simple....I just prefer to pay someone to do the drawings and focus on other tasks....

Attached is a start for a job tearing off an 8 in 12 roof, replacing with a 1 in 12, with a deck over it.  

This is a first for me, so I'm not sure what other information is needed...but the net is that I need plans that I can send to my engineer for a stamp then submit to permits....asap!

jared_consultant_rendering.plan

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlissBunny
    Newest Member
    BlissBunny

• By DRyeHD
      I'm having a problem getting a deck to remain when I try to contain it under a roof.  The function of the roofs to the covered deck are to make a covered walkway to the covered deck.  I didn't know where to begin searching for this issue so I'm posting this.

The attached screenshot shows where I'm able to get the roof and deck to look right (4'-1") and where the deck room conflicts with the roof (4'-0").  Ideally, I would make these both 4'-0".  When I try to adjust the deck rail in or out from the back of the house (shown at 4'-0") the deck disappears.

I have attached the .pln file.  Any advise is appreciated.

Ingram2.zip
    • By TimelessJohn
      Hi All,

"Roof Beams Appear as Solid Timbers not I-Beams as Preferred."

I have a small insignificant detail problem that I wish to resolve and wonder if anyone has a Tip or Trick to fixing the fact that my Steel I Beams show up perfectly in my Posts and Deck patio beams but not in my roof beams.

I have changed all of my defaults to I Beams in my settings to no avail, just curious if this a detail I will have to learn to live with or a glitch in Chief?

Also I would like my I beams to show in the interior walls and imagine in order for this to happen I will need to create a niche and paint it black steel? Correct?

Please see attached image.

Thank you in advance,
      John
      Modders ADU Plan V3.plan
    • By TimelessJohn
      Hi All,
      I have a small insignificant detail problem that I wish to resolve and wonder if anyone has a Tip or Trick to fixing the fact that my Steel I Beams show up perfectly in my Posts and Deck patio beams but not in my roof beams.

I have changed all of my defaults to I Beams in my settings to no avail, just curious if this a detail I will have to learn to live with or a glitch in Chief?

Also I would like my I beams to show in the interior walls and imagine in order for this to happen I will need to create a niche and paint it black steel? Correct?

Please see attached image.

Thank you in advance,
      John 
      Steel I Beam Issue.pdf
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      why is that I do not get the option to edit the footing size. attached plan for ref. current size is 16", i want to change it to 12"
      221016.plan
    • By No1ZZTopfan
      I would like to add the paint sample attached (med_sprinkle) and use it on the garage floor but each time I create the material it comes out as tiled. In addition, when it is solid its massive instead of regular size (see garage pic). Any suggestions/tips would be most grateful. Thanks.

Using CA12 on Win10Pro