Can anyone provide a link to the video that shows how to make these curved roofs over windows. 

5bccb69128435_ScreenShot2018-10-21at1_20_30PM.thumb.png.042b5770b3028dfab1cbe3d2375a6a47.png

Thanks, 

Brian D

I have searched and watched several videos and can't find what I need. Yes, Home Designer Pro.

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01187/creating-a-barrel-roof.html

Others on HomeTalk may have better Ideas than above too since they "know" your Software.

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/?_fromLogin=1

Please fill in Your Signature as the Version you use is important...especially in this case as HD Pro cannot do what CA.X10 can.

M.

Oh!, I didn't realize I have two accounts. I only registered once. 

I will be careful to only use the home talk one. 

Thanks for the links. I will check them out.

2 minutes ago, bddemers said:

Oh!, I didn't realize I have two accounts. I only registered once. 

I will be careful to only use the home talk one. 

Thanks for the links. I will check them out.

It's actually the same account for Both Forums ...Home Talk is Blue Themed and Chief Talk is Green themed ....

Curved Roofs with Pro are actually small short Roof planes unlike in Premier, so a different method is used.

M.

9 minutes ago, bddemers said:

Gotcha! Thank you. I should be able to get it down now.

Thanks Kbird

I don't care if you Post here BTW but in this case we don't use the same technique as Pro , so People over their should be able to advise you better.....if fact I'd be surprised if Eric (Solver) isn't over there too :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kBdesignND
    Newest Member
    kBdesignND

• By SNestor
      Can someone take a look at the attached plan and tell me why the fascia on the curved roof extends almost to the ground?  I've never really attempted a curved roof...and really have no idea what I'm doing...either right or wrong.   

I'm sure it's user error...
      Thanks!

RANCH PLAN 1.plan

• By BRIANCHIEF
      HAS ANYONE DESIGNED A RIDGE RISER.  MUCH EASIER TO HAND DRAW AND BUILD THAN IN CHIEF, BUT NEED THIS IN CHIEF NOW.  A RIDGE RISER IS A CURVED RADIUS ROOF AT THE END OF A GABLE.  60" BACK FROM END OF RIDGE, IT CURVES UP 9" AT THE END, ALSO CURVES UP 60" DOWN DOWN THE ROOF.
      ANY THOUGHT OF HOW TO GET A RIDGE TO CURVE.

THANKS BRIAN
    • By Christina_Girerd
      I'm have a hard time trying to create the roof shown in the attached photos - one plan, one mostly elevation.  This roof is on an octagonal structure.  So far, I am not having much success, despite spending a lot of time playing around with the angles at eave and ridge for the curved roof plane.  I know I need multiple roof planes, and have used a flat piece of roof for the first 25' or so of the roof with about a 1:12 pitch.  Then I start a second roof plane that is curved.  It seems that if I can get a steep enough slope up toward the ridge to match the actual roof line, then the lower part of the roof has a negative curve and goes below the first roof plane, which is no good.  I'm wondering if I need to have more than 2 roof planes per segment to get this particular roof shape...  

The third image is the best attempt so far, and that is with one flat roof plane and one curved plane.  But I'm hoping to get closer to the actual roof.  Any suggestions?  This is my first time working with curved roof planes

• By Gawdzira
      The Perry Residence taking shape