Deck Edge Not Working

OnlineBuilder

I want my decks to look like the decking runs down the side 2-3 planks. At the moment I am doing it manually each time, but it is having a glitch. 

What do they call this side part in CA (some US names are different to Australian). Does anyone know how I would set this up?

Im using X8

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 12.52.39 pm.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monikafb
    Newest Member
    Monikafb

• By ChiefuserMathews
      why is that I do not get the option to edit the footing size. attached plan for ref. current size is 16", i want to change it to 12"
      221016.plan
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, I am trying to put together a floating deck on top of a roof patio. As soon as I draw the deck it cut a hole in the roof slab. How can I achieve to show the deck?
    • By cjanderson66
      I have designed a very large deck and the client wanted to take 2' off in one direction and another 3' in the other.  I have custom framed the deck framing per the engineer and don't want to change the framing.  The problem is that I need to rebuild the deck in order to not show the decking from overhanging the framing.  Is there a way to just rebuild the decking and not the framing of the deck itself. as you can from the rendering shown below you can see that the decking overhangs the decking.  Everytime I rebuild it it changes the framing per CA.

• By SMSanders76
      Hi,
      I am having trouble with getting my third floor deck supports to extend and connect with my first floor deck. There is no decking on the second floor (the second floor is essentially a half floor almost, I had to create it to be able to put a loft above a room on the first floor). I am pretty new to Chief, and have been able to figure a lot out on my own however, I am apprehensive about turning off the "automatic decking" (which the pop-up message told me I would have to do whenever I tried just extending one of the posts).
      To add-- I am an interior design student, this is for one of my final projects so, as much as I would like for the decking to be up to code, it isn't imperative, I mainly need the posts to extend all the way down so that I can place furniture accordingly, and also so that my elevations aren't wonky looking.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY AND ALL HELP!!
      I've include a picture of the structure below. 

IDS222_BREWERY_FLPLN.plan
    • By Designer100
      Does anyone know why my pier and beam foundation floor joists and beams disappear when I try to do perpective and I have to back out of it? Open old one! I custom drawn floor joist and pads and 1 concrete block on each pad then drew beams and floor joists. I keep trying to pull siding down over to cover the beams and floor joists and then they all disappear. I need the floor decking to appear on a section over floor joist to with deck up level with entry and grass under home.

I did this project in Chief x11. I would appreciate any help in this apartment.

Thanks

Newell Cheatheam
      Katy,Tx. 77450
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com

Apartment_Plan.plan