Position on plot

MN_JohnH

I am trying to figure out how to move and position my plot lines independent of the house plan. I have a couple layers that I would like to move all at once, rotating and whatever. I have a JPEG layer with an areal view and then a cad layer with the topo lines that I have traced, Ultimately I will make those topo lines into a terrain to so I will have those additional layers that I would like to move all at the same time. I want to keep the house square in front of me but I need to move the land around to get the house positioned better. Is there a way to select by layer and select everything on a few layers so I can move them around? I can make them all into a block but the I can't make the block go behind the footprint of the house so I can't see the house as I am positioning the land.

After you've blocked everything you want to move, double-click the block to open the CAD Block Specification dialog box, and then set the Line Style>Drawing Group value to 38-Back. This should send everything within the block to the very back so you can see the house footprint as you position the block.

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TonyDW
    Newest Member
    TonyDW

• By MN_JohnH
      I know this has been talked about before but I can not find it and I can't figure out how to do it again.
      I have a house drawing and I have the terrain drawn and I would like to orient the house differently on the terrain. I want to keep my house drawing square with my plan so it would need to be the terrain itself that has to rotate. I can rotate the terrain perimeter but that doesn't rotate the elevation lines etc. When I select the perimeter and all the elevation lines, i am not able to rotate the whole thing.
    • By CARMELHILL
      I've come across, but rarely, a CAD drawing in pdf format that has the ability to turn of individual layers. Does anyone know if Chief can do this? Or is it a specific PDF print driver? 

I tried it a few times with an ADOBE printer driver but no go.

I thought it might be useful in the field on a 2 in 1 folding Chromebook. My Samsung Chromebook Plus is a life saver and I find new uses for it all the time.
    • By TexasMProsPlus
      If you are capable of drafting from only photo references, let's make a deal!
    • By LeeDrafter
      Hello,
      Is it possible to adjust a north arrow angle in order to make the bearing angles correct in a CAD site plan? I usually draw my north arrow first before I draw the rest of my site plan. That way the bearing angles I type in use that north arrow as a reference. Then I highlight everything including the North arrow and rotate it all together until the street is at the bottom or so the plan fits on paper and is easy to read. But, this time I must have accidentally not grabbed the north arrow along with everything else because the bearing labels are wrong. I have tried manually adjusting the north arrow, but my precision is pretty much only to the degree, not minutes or seconds. Does anybody know of a way I can input a bearing angle and the north arrow will adjust to that? I would rather not redraw the plan. I am working in X5. Thanks!