Most OnlineNewest Member
Is there a way to show the hips/ridges of a roof either above or below using a reference layerset? Am I missing something? The edges of the roof appear (see pics) but the hips/ridges do not. I've tried this with some of the Chief OOB templates...and I get the same result.
I'm working on a huge plan right now, and it's starting to run really sluggishly so I decided to take some time out to troubleshoot and clean up the file a bit. I've done a few suggested things (purge unused materials and CAD symbols, for example), and moved on to my layers. When I started the file, I imported all individual layers of the CAD file so I could work on the plan bit by bit, but it also resulted in a lot of unnecessary data being added to the scene. I'm trying to go through and delete all the layers I don't need or have finished with, but most of them won't let me. Some will claim there's still something on them despite nothing showing up when I hit Control+A, and others will switch to "Used in defaults," after I deleted everything on them. But I don't know what that means, and I can't figure out where in the defaults they're being used so I can turn it off.
The layers that claim they aren't empty when they should be are bugging me, too. Control+A, zooming out and dragging a box over the scene never select anything for me to delete, but they still say "in use." I may be able to provide a back-up if necessary, though I'm not sure my company will allow it and, again, it's a very large plan. Can anyone help?
Good evening, I was tweaking my defaults today and somehow I must have turned on an extra layer for temporary dimensions?
How do I disable temporary dimensions when I am only selecting a wall? For instance, I click on a wall ( I already have a dimension on the plan), and I get like a doubled mirrored effect of temp dimensions, very busy looking when this happens.
Can you please assist how to disable ? I do like the temp dimension when I am drawing a new wall...to show the length... so I want to keep this on...
I am a builder, who uses Chief for house plans in Subdivisions. These are possible options that we show potential customers.
My overall question is not necessarily a simple one:
1. Can layers in Chief handle modifications to a "spec" plan top to bottom?
Example: We have a spec plan with (1) 16'x7' overhead garage door. But we also have an option to have (2) 9'x7' doors. To make this change, the garage has to be widened by 4' lets say. Can a plan be set up to turn on/off the needed layers and everything updates? This option would have a layout showing it. A customer could decide they want this options, and I can make the change to the plan quickly, and be ready to submit plan for building permit.
All these things must change:
- foundation, framed walls, roofs, windows/ doors may move, schedules update, dimensions update, .layout updates, 3D updates, etc.
2. If this is possible, what about Front Elevations? Can there be 1 plan, with layers on/off for "gable front", and "hip front"?
3. Are 2+ (separate plans) needed for these changes. I am spending too much time modifying my plans. Example: Plan 1 is gable front with normal garage. Plan 2 is hip front with larger garage., etc. I have 10 plans for the same house.
4. If what I am after is possible, is there anyone reading who is capable of completing this, and that I can hire to create a plan for me? This is not something I know how to do.
I can not find any topics on this. If there are any, pass them to me please.