Doug_N

Gable soffit generation

I have noticed something strange.  Well strange to me, maybe it makes sense but I can't see why.  I want to make a cathedral ceiling,  The eave facia is deeper than the gable fascia and when I look at an overall view this is what I see.  Is there an easy fix for this?  The attached file is just an experimental file that I was using to learn how to control roof and soffit features.  Also to get roof framing to behave without excessive thinning. 

5b8c392d416c2_GAPATSOFFIT.thumb.jpg.50e6f9b8d5873646ff712e683c5b624f.jpg5b8c398838e01_FasciaSettings.thumb.jpg.4a46cab1cff3835d83c9a918cdd40df5.jpg

Test ceiling file.plan

Reads Eric's answer and then repeatedly bangs his head on the wall.

Thanks Eric for that simple fix.  I can't begin to tell you how embarrassed I feel. 

I know this is an old topic but this fix didn't work for me.  The gaps are only on my gable ends and they are the thickness of my roof structure.  I don't want a closed soffit andI'm trying to have facia board turned on it's flat edge.  I don't want any trim underneath it.  I just want the siding to run up to the horizontal facia.  I reduced the sub facia as small as it will go to no avail.  What am I doing wrong?

Also I turned off my trusses in this view so that it's evident that the siding does not reach the flat facia.  Also I unchecked the sub-facia all together which did nothing as well.  

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 10.46.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 11.03.12 AM.png

Since you have a different problem, best to start a new topic.

You need a soffit to get the wall to continue up. It looks like you are trying to make a 1-1/2" thick soffit with a fascia?

Ok, I'll make a new topic.  I only want a facia at in an irregular orientation, no soffit.  I would however draw it in a different way should it solve the problem..