Gable soffit generation

Doug_N

I have noticed something strange.  Well strange to me, maybe it makes sense but I can't see why.  I want to make a cathedral ceiling,  The eave facia is deeper than the gable fascia and when I look at an overall view this is what I see.  Is there an easy fix for this?  The attached file is just an experimental file that I was using to learn how to control roof and soffit features.  Also to get roof framing to behave without excessive thinning. 

5b8c392d416c2_GAPATSOFFIT.thumb.jpg.50e6f9b8d5873646ff712e683c5b624f.jpg5b8c398838e01_FasciaSettings.thumb.jpg.4a46cab1cff3835d83c9a918cdd40df5.jpg

Test ceiling file.plan

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old topic but this fix didn't work for me.  The gaps are only on my gable ends and they are the thickness of my roof structure.  I don't want a closed soffit andI'm trying to have facia board turned on it's flat edge.  I don't want any trim underneath it.  I just want the siding to run up to the horizontal facia.  I reduced the sub facia as small as it will go to no avail.  What am I doing wrong?

Also I turned off my trusses in this view so that it's evident that the siding does not reach the flat facia.  Also I unchecked the sub-facia all together which did nothing as well.  

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 10.46.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 11.03.12 AM.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    F16Squeaky
    Newest Member
    F16Squeaky

• By j2narchitecture
      Hello.

I am having issues with an exterior wall. 
      There seems to be a random base plate that is generating a few feet about the first floor level.
      It appears that this plate may also be causing an issue up at the second floor where there is a hole in the exterior wall.
      I try deleting the base plate, but I am not able to select.
      How can I fix this so that the exterior wall generates properly.
      Any feedback is appreciated.
      Thank you kindly. 

See the areas circled in orange on the attached photos.

Link to  PLAN FILE

• By LongTermDev
      I'm having an issue where the framing members for a flat roof (1/4" slope) over a porch are not displaying correctly in the cross section. My default setting for rafter size and the specification in the roof plane dialogue for that roof plane are set to 5 1/2", but it always draws the cross section as a 2x4. If I select any of the framing members individually and open the dialogue box, it says it's 5 1/2". The trusses and framing for the rest of the house all come in correctly. Any quick thoughts come to mind?

also, Is it better to upload a screen shot showing the problem or the whole file on here?

• By Walt_Alaska
      New to CA Architect 2021. Doing an addition that includes an attic room. I'm having trouble matching the roof and cieling deminsions for that area. It includes a flat and angled cieling plus pony walls that are also exterior walls. See the sketch with finished interior deminsions. Any help is appreciated.

• By allieceravolo
      I am looking for some help on a roof plan I am working on (copying a 2d elevation from an architect) and can't seem to get this to look right! 
      (Also, I don't typically do exterior renderings and thought I would get some practice in - but clearly have no idea what I am doing :))

• By SNestor
      Using X13. Have "framing default" checked for "Allow Automatic Balloon Framing"...but, as you can see in the picture below it's not working. I have auto framing walls turned on...experimented with the joist direction...didn't seem to have an effect. 

I'm on a MAC...maybe this is a reason? Does anybody know if this new feature in X13 actually works? 

Thanks!