Vaulted Ceiling Planes

QualicoreHomes

Hello Chiefs, 

I'm still working on this plan with a loft and want to get this completely right.  I made ceiling planes to allow for a vaulted ceiling but didn't change the structure thickness of the roof because the ceiling slope is different then the outside roof slope so the thickness changes. (is there a way to do this).  I think this structure thickness is giving me difficulties because there is a space between the top of the wall and the bottom of the ceiling plane on the inside.  On the cross section view it does show that the wall goes up to the right height but the drywall on the inside doesn't.  In the cross section view I can also see that the ceiling goes to further then it should (I assume because it extends to the bottom of the roof structure)

Also, on the second floor I made the outside wall a "Truss Heel Wall" which is made up of only of siding and air, I did this so that there wouldn't be a wall going through the trusses but I'm not sure if this is making it go funny (it seems like this wall is above the empty space though).  Can anyone see what I'am doing wrong and give some advice how to do it the proper way please?

Also, the closet by the front door doesn't have a shelf ceiling as it should either even though it is selected in the room specs.  

Hopefully not too many questions for one thread and that my description makes sense. 

Appreciate your input in advance!!

Loft_Plan.plan

Loft Plan 1.jpg

Loft Plan 2.jpg

Loft Plan 3.jpg

Loft Plan 4.jpg

I should maybe add that I can adjust the walls on the inside to have the drywall come up to the ceiling manually but on several threads it is recommended to not do this but leave the walls to "Default Wall Top Height" so I was wondering if there was another way of getting this accomplished.  

The Ceiling planes just need pulling up to the center of the Room (apex)  but the gaps in the walls are due to the Open below Room you have created on the 2nd level to get the Loft Area, I'm not sure why CA isn't filling them in properly though? it's basically the floor thickness  ... perhaps check wall definitions and alignment 1st....

I'll have another look later when I have more time if needed...

M.

On 8/17/2018 at 10:05 AM, QualicoreHomes said:

the closet by the front door doesn't have a shelf ceiling as it should either even though it is selected in the room specs

You have both Flat Ceiling and Shelf ceiling checked but I think the real issue is that the Open Room above is causing the Ceiling not to build ( or is cutting it off) , if you chose shelf ceiling and a height of 90" it shows up for example....

changing the Wall definition back to your normal exterior Wall ( IFC,Siding. Drywall) did not fix the missing Drywall at the Open Room Below area like I thought it would but I seem to be having issues lately with X10 no rebuilding 3D views or it "remembers" things it shouldn't....

Capture.thumb.JPG.2640ad7eaafa9162a4f4641ee51f6c5c.JPG