Move existing CAD items from one layer to another for entire plan

Ridge_Runner

Is there a way to move all of the CAD items on an existing layer to another layer for the entire plan? I am cleaning up some of my layers to simply the list. Over the years my layers have grown and I have some CAD blocks with lines on an old layer that I would like to move to a newer layer and then delete the old layer. For instance: I would like to move all of the CAD on an old layer named "CAD line size 25" over to a newer layer named "CAD 25." If it could be done then I could delete the old layers I no longer use. I have tried but have not been successful without exploding a block first; that would be a nightmare for all of the CAD blocks I have accumulated. But maybe I am missing something or it is so simple I am overthinking it. It would also be helpful if there was a way to determine which blocks use a certain layer. If so then only those blocks would have to be redone. Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Silly question perhaps, but why not just rename/redefine the old layer instead of creating the new one?

Not silly at all. I want to delete some old CAD layers that have accumulated over the years that I no longer use. I can't delete them with items on them.

If I repurpose them then the CAD blocks that use them will have "weird" layers for their various CAD lines. I guess that would not be so traumatic; someone would just get a good laugh if they ever opened one of my plans and unblocked one of the old blocks. :)