Can't close the eaves

Evolution

Brief explanation this project is an addition to an existing metal building. The trouble area is the work and living space. The existing building is PEMB and the additions will be stick build. In order to draw it, where the new extension are to be built, the existing wall panels and internal structure will be removed. The new additions will be added plan east and west as you can see.  The area that intersects the new additions was drawn with a room divider.  I created a new wall type I named 10" PEMB wall. I put in wall breaks where the existing walls and additions intersect. When I first completed the floor plan, the condition at the eave intersection with the new addition did not exist. I had to revise the layout slightly to satisfy the Clients space needs. After that revision the conditions noted in the attached suddenly appeared as if the walls are no longer there? I attempted several different times moving walls in and out, but that didn't fill in the missing walls above the additions.  I pulled the roof of the new additions back where they intersect with the existing taller building but that didn't allow the wall to fill in. I am definitely open for suggestions.  Exact same problem exists on both sides of the building.

FS 2 Zipped.zip

Can't close end.PNG

Enlarge floor plan at Day room.PNG

There was some problems in X10 , with plans brought forward I think , where roof lines where extending too far into the wall layers causing holes in Walls as you are seeing. I thought they had addressed this though in one of the Updates....

M.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, solver said:

The structure and wall settings seem odd. Your exterior walls are all marked as Foundation. There is no foundation, and the additions have the default wood floor structure and the default (high) ceiling heights.

I'll suggest reviewing these and the related settings and making sure they are all correct.

It should be simple to close those gaps with walls, but I'm thinking the program is confused.

I found the same thing and unchecking "foundation" on one of the walls cause my Computer to Crash , something that has not happened in over a year....very weird....

Earlier today while it the Library Chief picking an Exterior Door Chief just closed out of it's own accord and on restarting complained I had two instances running , 

Bob,  your  other plan of the Porch issue has no Foundation either , no sure if it is effecting that plan though ? strangely in that one when I built a Monoslab and then tried to rebuild a full 8ft basement it kept remembering the Monoslab on rebuild.....

** also I did a test plan for the screen porch and could not fill the wall to the sloped Ceiling either , so I sent it to Support to see if they can...

M.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Evolution said:

If you are doing a monoslab foundation, do you still need to actually create a foundation from the first floor etc. When I can get back to this one, I'll see if that affects it.   

Thanks all!

Creating the Foundation will Ensure it is built under the Whole Building , not just in the Room you have Checked for MonoSlab. there should be no need to use the foundation Check Mark in the Wall DBX in this particular case on any of the exterior Walls , marking interior walls load bearing should add a thickening under them too.

Part of the Issue maybe that your wall definition has the main layer as a metal (zinc colour) but no framing type material assigned , the walls were a bit better to deal with after changing the main layer to Steel Stud 24" OC as the material.

The invisible walls etc should not be needed , you also have so custom backsplash floating around in there ..... I did a test plan and drew all the exterior walls 1st , ( fallen over T Shape) , then extended the left to right walls through to the end and set the main part of the building to 196" , built the monoslab and built the roof , then turned off Auto Roof. Then in Overview or Elevation you can cut and raise the bottom of the walls you extended , so you end up with the T Shaped building with two different Ceiling heights, you can then add interior Walls as needed for the other Rooms eg the washrooms or sleeping area.

maybe better ways but it looks okay..... here's my  play plan....

MHD_Fire_House Test Plan.plan

• Upvote 1

I should of been Clearer....I think if you break the Internal walls (and delete the invisible walls) and pull them away from the exterior Walls so you get one Large T shaped Room and work back from there, it maybe doable. I started doing it in your plan but was finding a few issues with Wall definitions , no foundation etc , so I drew up my test plan to see if I was on the Right Track.

M