Second floor help

warrenwest

Hello folks,

Im a bit lost. I dont normally get these types of designs to work with so Im not even sure what to call this kind of structure to find some help videos. I have tried and failed so Im here now :)

I need to build this second floor as in the attachment. This is not an attic but a fully functional floor with a cathedral ceiling ( not even sure if thats the correct term ). The problem Im having is that the walls on either sides are really low ( floor to top 980mm ) but the ceiling height is 2700mm. Can someone pls point me to some kind of help video where this is explained? 

Many thanks in advance.

Chief help.JPG

41 minutes ago, Jay_on_Cape said:

Set ceiling height to 980mm and build roofs.  Then change ceiling height to 2700mm and ceiling will show the correct height.  They call it a "story and a half" in my neighborhood....

Thanks for the response however when I change the ceiling height to 2700 it pushes up the external walls too and I need them to stay at 980mm. What am I doing wrong? :( 

On 8/6/2018 at 7:36 PM, Kbird1 said:

they also call it a Cape Cod and there is a tutorial on how to do it... you can save the PDF under the Tools Menu if you want....

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00772/building-a-cape-cod-roof-by-adjusting-ceiling-heights.html

Thanks Mick, after Jay identified the structure for me I found that exact link which helped me in the end :)