Reflected Dormer In Cathedral Ceiling

EconBlueprints

Hello,

I am having trouble with dormers in a cathedral ceiling.  I want to be able to look up from inside the room and see the dormer, window etc.
I can place the dormer in the roof.
I have the ceiling planes set to form the cathedral ceiling.

But, there is no opening in the ceiling so the dormer shows through.  I tried a hole in the ceiling but got an error message.
I unchecked the box for "build walls" in the dormer specification.

So, any help with allowing the dormers to show through.  The plan file is attached, and the problem is in the "Family Room"

Thanks in advance and thanks for all the help so far.

Lane

Hillcrest_2018--2018-07-20.plan

Lane, I saw a few strange things going on. 1) when I opened the plan at first you had the family room set to open below so there was no floor. I unchecked that but there is a hole in the floor under the dormer so that is probably where you were trying to make a hole in the roof for the dormer??? 2)  Also when I was scanning the room to see the roof for the dormer condition, I noticed you have siding showing on the gable ends of the second floor in the family room. I'm not sure how to fix that, except going to the second floor, selecting the end walls and change the material to drywall?  Check it out.  I tried to, but changing it to drywall changes the entire end wall of the second floor. 3) On the exterior several different materials may be on purpose? I'm certainly not a lot of help but looks like Robert fixed your current situation, and he will probably tell us how to fix that too.

No floor.PNG

5b62fe018d35e_Endwall.thumb.PNG.4545e04d79466cebc880b85f9bc73801.PNGOp;en below Fam Room.PNG

Hole in the floor.PNG

Walls turned around.PNG

Wall material.PNG