Missing normal map

Ridge_Runner

For some time now I have been receiving this message when I open camera views. The missing textures list varies from one to multiple missing texture elements, like this normal map. What is confusing is my D: drive is a DVD drive. I have never loaded any textures from this drive. All of my textures come from either CA or the internet, never from a DVD. Any ideas why this might be happening? BTW, when I backup the file with a full backup the so-called missing normal map is in my textures folder on my C: drive.

Capture.thumb.PNG.cf25d17f724eea2ffd26b036c750a603.PNG

Thanks, Mick. I went in and reset the Search Folders per your suggestion and then opened another camera overview. I didn't get the "missing textures" dbx; I hope that was it. Still don't know how that path could have ever been included in the search options. Thanks again.

Fingers Crossed :)

If like me you open Forum plans , things seem to get messed up sometimes with missing texture searches , you can also make CA look in a Particular Folder eg if you have a Textures/Materials Folder of your own kept separate from CA's stuff.

I will check the path, Eric. Thanks

12 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

is it just one file or multiple ones?

Varies from the one to several. I mainly get the multiple files message when I do a full backup of the layout file. The dbx I show above is when opening 3D camera views. Will check further. I am beginning to think the issue is related to updated catalogs. When I get the multiple files dbx they are typically stone textures from the Manufacturer's library, Coronado I think. They may have discontinued or updated some of the textures with the last update, possibly with a different name.

Would one of you be so kind and check your normal map location for CA's "Ship-Lap(litegrey)" material in the: Core Catalogs\Materials\Siding & Paneling\Ship-Lap\ ?

Following Eric's suggestion I looked in the path for that material and, sure enough, it is set to that crazy D: location. So, I would like to know where your material is set to since I would not have set mine to that mystical location, especially since it is a Core Catalog material.

3 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Would one of you be so kind and check your normal map location for CA's "Ship-Lap(litegrey)" material in the: Core Catalogs\Materials\Siding & Paneling\Ship-Lap\ ?

Following Eric's suggestion I looked in the path for that material and, sure enough, it is set to that crazy D: location. So, I would like to know where your material is set to since I would not have set mine to that mystical location, especially since it is a Core Catalog material.

Mine is at:

C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X10\Referenced Files\CoreCatalogFiles.zip#zip:Beadboard(litegrey).jpg

here it is in case you need it

Shiplap_LiteGray.calibz

Thanks, Mick. I went into my similar X9 folder but could not find the file I was looking for with a jpg extension (which was the extension the error dbx showed). I did find the file with a png extension. I went into my edit plan material dbx and went to browse for the file; I was able to locate it OK but when I tried to select it (the png version) it would not add the file to the dbx. I was able to select the png file but it would never show as being used in the material dbx. I will try again. Thanks for the help.

Open the png with Paint and save as .jpg instead may work if the exported library doesn't work? . You can unzip the exported library above with 7Zip or Winzip, a .calibz is just a zip file really and get the texture out that way too and put it wherever you need it.

M.