Cad Managment

Designer1

Lately, Ive selecting cad detail from view in chief to clean up some of the lines in the section views.  Is there a way to save those changes I made in the cad view so I can come back to that same exact view again later?  I tried saving it with the plan but then all the changes get deleted. I even thought by sending them to layout they would be saved but later I would just have to go back in there and do the work again.  There must be a simpler way.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chad

As far as I know, cad details are always saved in the plan.  Take a look in the project browser or the cad detail management dialog.

One caveat, they are not "live" views so any changes to your model will not be updated in the cad details.  So if you are creating a new section view and expecting to see any changes you made to a cad detail, you will be disappointed.

CAD detail from view instances are automatically stored in "CAD - CAD Detail Management" by either a name you give them or that the software automatically bestows.

Kilgore said "as far as I know" and he is correct, I just thought I would remove any "maybe's" from his answer. Afterwards they are accessible via the Project Browser or by way of the drop-down menu under CAD.

DJP