X10 Opening too many plan windows

Gawdzira

When I am clicking to in layout to open up the plan view X10 is always opening a new plan view window tab in .Plan. Is there a setting to have it switch to not opening new tabs but just going to the one that is already open? I am aware that I could head back to the plan file without clicking from layout but (dammit) I like to click back from layout. It is a very intuitive workflow.

When I am clicking to in layout to open up the plan view X10 is always opening a new plan view window tab in .Plan. Is there a setting to have it switch to not opening new tabs but just going to the one that is already open? I am aware that I could head back to the plan file without clicking from layout but (dammit) I like to click back from layout. It is a very intuitive workflow.

Currently, there is no setting to control this. 

In X9 and prior, if you opened a plan view from layout and you already had a plan view open, the program would automatically change all of the view settings to match what was sent to layout.  In X10, if no open view matches the layout, we automatically open up a new view.  This was done because we felt that changing the settings in an already open view was not a good thing to do.  In X9, the program encouraged you to work in a single plan view and then constantly change the settings where X10 is supports working with multiple independent plan views open at the same time. 

Once you get used to X10, and start taking advantage of saved plan views, I think you will find the work flow is actually more efficient.  If you find that this is not true, then you might want to make a feature request for a setting to make it work more like prior versions.