Most OnlineNewest Member
Custom home and mostly residential remodel general contractor in Bellingham, WA is looking for a Lead Designer with extensive experience in computer drafting to join our firm.
Our office space is small and informal, but this allows us to offer a competitive employment package with benefits.
We are looking to hire a professional with experience drafting architectural projects - from the initial designs to permit plans. This self-motivated candidate must have excellent communication skills in order to collaborate with clients and co-workers alike.
You should have a thorough understanding of building components, green building, and good working knowledge of architectural construction documents in residential new construction and remodeling. We are looking for someone who has good problem solving skills and is able to self-manage.
• 5+ years of experience in construction/design
• Strong technical skills
• Proficient in Chief Architect, AutoCad, Revit or equivalent experience required
• Draft residential (some commercial interior) building designs, details, and permit plans.
• Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/permit officials/contractors and develop construction details
I have a home design that I am working on in home designer professional 2020. Would eventually like to get it completed and then a set of construction prints for Nashville, Tennessee. whidh means I will need floor plans and elevation views as well as a plot plan. I have the plot drawn with some contour lines in the drawing I have developed. The house faces about due west (not the best but that is the lot I have. I have attached a picture of what I want the exterior rendering to look like. Looking for job bid. The plan file is zipped and attached. Following needs to get done and then a front rendering and the file returned with the updates. (Can pay via paypal etc)
1. Master bedroom vaulted ceiling following rafters up to height of 12 feet then flat across. House rafters will be 2x8 or 2x6 depending on span.
2. Fix the roof planes
3. Shed roof with 2 in 12 slope over the back deck. Extends out about even with the master. This is asphalt shingles. Ceiling will follow the rafters
4. The peaks (side and front larger dormer) should be board and batten not sided, the rest of the house sided, the foundation walls are stone
5. Make sure chimney carries through to the roof from fireplace in family room. Chimney is stone where it can be seen outside of house.
6. The basement foundation walls connecting to the crawl space (unfinished area) should be only 5' tall (it would just be in one area)
7. Front porch is to have a metal roof, rest of house is asphalt shingles (charcoal color but not black)
8. Stairs should be 42" wide and should be fixed . Want them closed underneath. Somehow I cant get this to look right
9. Need a front rendering showing view of the house for presentation to client
10. Need file updated to reflect these changes and has to be readable with Home Designer Pro 2020
11. Floor deck for both the first and second floor are 11-7/8 TJI with 3/4 subfloor (I think I have this right).
At any rate, looking for quote to get this done. Thanks for looking.
House Design Front Walkout.zip
MG Construction & Decks is looking to hire an architect or construction designer for exterior remodeling. We are running a contest to hire one talented individual to join our team. We want this competition to be fair. Selecting a winner is simple, we will submit everyone’s work to our Instagram account, whoever gets the most likes on their design will win $1,000 and an internship to work for us part time or full time (depending on the quality of ongoing work). The winner will be able to work remotely and/or have an opportunity to come work at our Los Angeles office.
CONTENDERS – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
We are providing limited information for the contest itself because we want to see how creative you can be.
Create a 3D design that fits the following backyard image and email us (Email Subject: Contest Submission – Your Name) by clicking here.
CLOSING DATE & ANNOUNCEMENTS
All submissions must be submitted by February 15th and the winner will be announced Febuary 15th on our Instagram account.
MG Construction & Decks is located in Los Angeles, California and specializes in exterior remodeling, interior remodeling and Deck Building.