pgjacob

exposed rafters

Hi All

I have to have a roof where the rafters are exposed.  I have followed the example in the support section but I am left a roof with the exposed plywood.  I know I can probably fix it with a polyline solid but I am wondering if there is a better way.

THanks in advance !

roof.jpg

You can change the plywood material to something else or add another layer if that is the way it will be built.

Assuming all the rafters are to remain exposed.

Thanks for the response.... but I tried to change plywood, but it is not listed as a material in the roof materials.  Maybe there is another way to change?

roof materials.PNG

Yes go to the Structure tab usually under surfaces and edit the OSB or add something below it.

Y'all ROCK.  Thank you!  Still more work to be done but this conundrum is solved.

roof2.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dan_heidel
    Newest Member
    dan_heidel

• By Lilidesignbuild
      Hello please see the attached picture of what I'm trying to draw. It's a tile roof with partially exposed decorative framing. 
      I did a typ. roof then I drew the rafters and beams manually, but I can't seem to give them a pitch. 

Thanks! 

• By Trendsighter
      Three-month-old "Chief" using a 2011 27" iMac on Premier 9

I'm having difficulty moving a valley rafter over to have all 4" pitch rafter sections meet equally. All exterior framing spans are 24'. I've built homes for 25+ years and can see what needs to be done but can't get it done on-screen. I've downloaded three files. Perhaps someone can send me in the right direction?

• By mark2457
      Hi Guys

I'm designing a two car garage and I want to have rater ties at the top of the lower third of the roof (so walls would be 9ft high, ceiling would slope in at sides and then level off where rafters meet trusses). This is the first time I've used build framing (used for kitchen and bath design previously)

When I select build framing the roof is created, but the rafters (or probably ceiling joist) are perpendicular to the trusses and not parallel. So two questions really. How do i create rafter ties? How do I move them up from top plate?

Attached is screen shout of what I have so far

TIA

Mark