ChiefUserAndyGa

Build New Floor won't work

When I select the Build- Floor -Build New Floor button I do not get the pop up pictured below (screen shot of a help video). After doing this if I click on my plan I get the same ping sound you get if you leave a dialogue box open.

I have run the plan check to make sure that there are no gaps in the walls but it was of no help.

Any ideas?

Capture.JPG

Works for me in X9 and X10.

Try exiting from Chief and opening the plan.

I have tried that and even shut the computer down and re-started it. I thought that because I have the entry level version it was an unavailable option. Usually I don't even see those menu choices 

This is a house that my son and I are refurbishing and we need to submit floor plans and this is not a perfect rendition of the home but good enough for a permit but I need to add a second and third floor.

You have found the forum for the Chief Architect branded products.

Home Designer users have their own forum, HomeTalk, where you will find suggestions based on your software.

After you hit Build new Floor>etc........ Minimize Suite and see if the Dialog Box (DBX) is hiding behind the Main Window , which can happen if you click the main window making it the "Focus" for Windows. You can also check the taskbar and see if there is a second Icon (which maybe Flashing)