Good Afternoon Users!

I ran into something interesting recently. I needed to create a concealed, angled, and twisting steel plate detail in 3D for a unique life size art project. Z-Axis: One tongue was angled at 3 degrees approaching the joint between facets/ The opposing tongue is angled at 18 degrees. X-Axis: these two tongues meet at 166 degrees from 0. Y-Axis: is perp to the 3 degrees of the Z-Axis Plates. Needless to say, my best description of the prescribed dual gusset plate. I see the geometry in my mind but there seems to be no quick way to create said object. Yikes! :-) 

An object that can rotate, add/subt handles, re-shape any edge, in ANY view....

Maybe 10X will have what I'm suggesting? An "Omni-Polyline Solid".... See Attachment 

Comments are welcome. Thanks!! Enjoy your Day!!

doc00542820180301124456.pdf

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    oppguenard1
    Newest Member
    oppguenard1

• By rfantclt
      I am trying to make a custom column that has a brace at the top (required due to height). I have drawn the shapes I want and the center portion (the exposed structural column) easily converted to a polyline solid.  When I try to convert the the two polyline curved braces into a polyline solid, it only gives me the option to make them polyline moldings.  Attached is the Column brace.plan file and a pdf of what the overall column needs to look like.  I'm using X12.

Thanks for help figuring this out!
      Rebecca
      SK-Draft - Column Dtl 2020_0831.pdf
      Column brace polylines.plan
    • By pgjacob
      I am trying to create an address sign using a square polyline solid and REMOVING text from the square like in the attached image.  I know I can subtract other simple polyline solids, but how do I subtract a letter or number?  Chief Architect tech support had no solution.

Thanks in advance
      Melissa

• By robdyck
      Is there way to make a schedule of polyline solids? For example, several exterior trim objects created using p-solids and on their own layer. It would be handy to be able to create a schedule of items on a particular layer set.
    • By Aamir77
      Folks!
      Want to make sewage path. Made the PVC lines with polyline solid cylinder tool but unable to make a cylinder 90* bend. Please HELP
    • By Aamir77
      Hi,
      I am facing a problem and need your kind guidance in fixing the issue. I have made an architectural block and have stored it into my user catalogue for future installations which is a window grill.i have made a triple story house and on first and second floor grill is installed with the windows but on third floor whenever I try to fit in the grill with the window it disappears in camera view but remains present in plan view.what could be the cause?