doorway drywall wrapped different color than walls

Mardie

check my Signature below on how to make yours and how to make Pics and post them directly , thanks...

and posting a copy of the Plan is usually the other thing asked for as well. But do it while the Plan is closed in Chief though as Chief Locks it.

M.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EmersonGraceD
    Newest Member
    EmersonGraceD

• By HCremodel
      I have needed tom place stairs that go through a doorway on multiple occasions, and every time I try it would seem the program glitches and usually breaks the wall or the doorway so you can see the structural materials. The best solution I have found was placing two staircases on either side of the opening, but even that solution isn't perfect. Has anyone found a solution to this?? Am I doing something wrong? I feel like it's pretty common for stairs to go through openings, so it would seem odd to me if chief would not have an option for that.... I attached a picture of what I am encountering. I am using premier x13 beta, but this was also a problem in x12 

• By emaniesanabria
      Hello!

I'm hoping that someone can help me out here. I frequently use the same materials and I was wondering if there is any way to change the default textures/ colors so that every new project starts off the same. For example: on exterior walls CA defaults to blue lap siding; bathrooms and kitchen default to a cream tile; walls, windows, and doors default to Brite paint; etc.

I'd like to change these so that I can save myself time. Can someone explain how to do that, please? 

Thank you! 
    • By Sweeney
      Hi all,

Going for a more modern baseboard and door trim detail. I am wondering how to best accomplish this in Chief (see photo attached). The base board wants to be flush with the drywall plane with a 1/2" reglet reveal above. The door trim will match, and the windows have drywall returns. Has anyone ever made this happen using chief?

Thank you in advance,
      Austin 

• By Slamnation
      Is it possible to change the Wall Board (Drywall) size from the default size of 4x8 to 4x12 when CA calculates the materials list?
    • By B4UBLD
      Surely this has been brought up before, but does anyone have suggestions for creating bullnose/rounded drywall interfaces/corners?  This is in extremely common use here in the Southwest and I need to incorporate this feature throughout a plan.  I know that Chief does not have this capability built in.

Thanks in advance for any help!