Novice Roof Help

BruceBoardman

Hello all. I have been using CA for a couple of years now doing interiors and minor exterior facelifts. I have dabbled with roofs over that time, but never enough to really have a good handle on them. I would like to take what the architect has drawn up for our client and put it into CA to start illustrating selections as we make them. This roof is beyond me. Does anyone ever post asking for help in doing something I can't? I wish I could just take his files into mine, but haven't ever had any luck with that either. 

Files attached. If anyone wants to or can help. Maybe I should post this on the services topic.

Archive.zip

13 minutes ago, BruceBoardman said:

Hello all. I have been using CA for a couple of years now doing interiors and minor exterior facelifts. I have dabbled with roofs over that time, but never enough to really have a good handle on them. I would like to take what the architect has drawn up for our client and put it into CA to start illustrating selections as we make them. This roof is beyond me. Does anyone ever post asking for help in doing something I can't? I wish I could just take his files into mine, but haven't ever had any luck with that either. 

Files attached. If anyone wants to or can help. Maybe I should post this on the services topic.

Archive.zip

Is the Architect not willing to do this? it would seem from the PDF that he already has 3D Renders available.....

Looks like you have gotten well into the Plans, Level 1 had me confused at 1st , as when I selected the Plan it showed it was an Image ...but somehow there was 3D Views

Took a minute to realize you had traced over the Image and left it in place...:)

Looks like you need a partial 2nd Floor before the Roof ? or is that Dormer just a Light Well really for the Master Bedroom?

Did the Architect not do a Roof Plan?

I could look at it more if needed PM me if you would like too.

M.