pgjacob

Problems with Ceiling over balcony

Hi Everyone

I am trying to create a townhome structure with 3 levels with balconies.  The ceiling over one of these balconies looks weird, and is dropped from the roof.  See the attached pic.  How should I correct it?

Thanks in advance,

melissa

CA x10 Beta

balcony ceiling.PNG

3 minutes ago, solver said:

Try Use Soffit Surface for Ceiling.

That is the quick fix but it looks like in your situation you may need to increase the subfascia thickness of the roof plane to match the framing you will need to hold up that huge overhang.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sawallace64
    Newest Member
    sawallace64

• By Designer100
      All garage ceiling is surpose to be 10 ft. ht. For some reason the second floor a stair landing, pantry, closet, bath is not level with ceiling of the rest of the 2nd floor. I would appreciate any help
      Trying to get to client tomorrow. Need to finish prelim. plans. 
      Newell 
      ver 12 ca
      cooper NEW.zip
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, is there a way to display the ceiling elevation (height) on plan view, as we typically show them on architectural drawings?
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, Is it possible to create a ceiling assembly schedule in CA? I could not find one, nor an option to assign to a custom schedule. Any tips?
    • By Designer100
      can anyone explain how and help me enclose between this new gable roof and ceiling. Also looking toward house thru gable closing in with Hardi-siding. The old roof is showing thru and something else when I do a rendering (see attached). Need to look good for a client in 3 D. They are adding a roof over existing 10' x 20' patio. 

thank you if you can help.

Newell Cheatheam
      CA 12
      newell@newellcheatheam.com 

Patio Remodeling.plan
    • By 1090291004350551
      Hello everyone,
      In my current project, a client asks for a groin vault, something like that. 
      I've looked through the forum but I can't find anything about this.

How is it possible to do with Chief? 
       I would be very grateful for a video.

Thanks in advance