Anyone else have this issue when connecting roof planes with different pitches?  I've tried everything I know from changing facia top height, adjusting the frieze, re-drawing the roof planes etc...I have a 4/12 roof pitch adjoining to an 8/12.  This roof was drawn manually!  Any insight would be most helpful!! Thanks!  Sandi   

(X9)

SUPP-roof4.jpg

SUPP-roof4b.jpg

I have this type of problem where different pitch roofs join all the time. Don't have a solution.

This is auto built. Better without any shadow boards.

ct1.thumb.jpg.b6ee178ec32ce6c83bb0759abbbbb02b.jpgct2.thumb.jpg.470d4db840ea607c2ba719e7537385c8.jpg

Did you try the Same Roof Height settings in the Build Roof DBX ?

Capture36.JPG

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Did you try the Same Roof Height settings in the Build Roof DBX ?

I did. Still has problems.

I am so glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.  I will check my settings in the DBX.  I'm pretty sure I tried that also...to no avail:(   Just aggravating from a rendering perspective when showing a client.   Thank you for the comments!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WaunakeeDesigner
    Newest Member
    WaunakeeDesigner

• By Designer100
      This home needs on front garage Gable 3:12 pitch lower and 8:12 pitch higer (48 inches in from plate) I can not get it to
      work with 2 pitches. Would appreciate help.

Thanks

newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 
      Burris.Phillip_Plan_11.06,18.zip

• By Designer100
      I would appreciate any help in correcting the 12 ft hip roof tieing into a 10 ft ceiling roof. 5:12 pitch. I have been trying to correct it for hours. 
      If anyone can Help I would appreciate it. Trying to get const. drawings finished. Need to get back on it in the morning.

Newell Cheatheam
      X10, Windows 10.
      VU_Remodeling_New_02.2018.zip

• By Designer100
      How do I move edge of roof out to edge of front porch for this existing covered porch remodeling w/o posts on it. 
      Chief Architect x7
      Poninciana Dr.plan
    • By mslewis620
      Started having software issues Saturday with X6 Mac user. File blew up even though saved multiple times while working on it. No archive file for that day as well which is really odd. Already talked to technical support but no answers.  They checked my system but CA's message log is missing.

Now part of my roof is missing and I've checked the usual suspects. Deleted the entire roof and started over to no avail. One section is part of a hip over garage and the other is a gable over a big porch. 

Spending valuable time redoing this file and just want to get it finished and to the engineer.

Any suggestions?