X7 feature not in X9??

Designer1

The short answer is that you can now control whether or not text is always uppercase through the Text Style.

I would also recommend that you checkout the reference manual.  Just click on View Reference Manual from the Help menu.

I did a quick search for "uppercase" and found the section in the manual discussing this under "Files Created in Version X7 and Prior":

2. Uppercase Text

The Uppercase option was added to Text Styles in Version X8, whereas in Version X7 and prior, it was an

option for Room Labels and Schedules only. In legacy plans opened in Version X8, any Schedules present in

the drawing will be assigned a Custom Text Style, as will their associated Schedule Defaults. If any Schedule

Default is set to Use Layer for Text Style and no objects are present on that layer, a new Schedule Text Style

will be created and assigned to that layer. Room Labels are treated similarly: if any are present, they and their

defaults will use a Custom Text Style. If a given Room Label or Schedule has been sent to layout more than

once and was set to use different Text Styles in each layout view, it is possible that its appearance may be

affected in some views. See “Text Styles” on page 507.

Thanks for the replies.  Dermot thanks for posting this.  I guess I didn't realize the change was on such a global platform for the new versions...I initially just noticed that option being gone so I wanted to ask about.  Thanks for the detailed descriptions of the changes!