Sign in to follow this  
interiorarch

BATHROOM SINK & CUSTOM COUNTERTOP | ISSUES

Hello.  

Please see the attached screenshot and Chief Architect floor plan to use as a reference. 

I am having trouble placing this K-2881 Verticyl Oval Under-Mount Bathroom Sink into this base cabinet unit.  

I have tried experimenting with Origin Offset in the Symbol Specification dialog box, but am thinking there is a more formal way to solve this correctly.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best!!

FLOOR_1_UPDATE_OCTOBER.plan

floor_1_playroom_bath.png

What you are seeing is the bottom of the 2nd Base Cabinet that you are using as a top front of the furniture vanity you created.  Make that Cabinet to be just 1-5/8" deep and then move it out 20" from the wall. 

• Upvote 1

Thank You @Joe_Carrick or Yoda for your quick response.

Where do I enter the value for 1' 5/8" or do I subtract it from the current height of the bottom base cabinet. 

Also what do you mean move it out 20" from the wall. We need to avoid any other changes like that, if possible.

Thank You!

You used 2 cabinets, one on top of the other. The top one is 21-5/8 deep. The top cabinet has a bottom panel.

When you place the sink, that bottom panel is visible.

Joe suggested that you make this top cabinet only 1-5/8 deep, so that it forms the face. You will need to manually move it out from the wall the 20" you removed.

This does away with the bottom panel.

The 1-5/8" should be entered as the depth of the upper base cabinet.  Then use Transform/Replicate to move it 20".  Once you have that done, you can block the 2 cabinets and save to your user Library for future use.

Another option would be to make that "Upper Base Cabinet" a 6" thick Counter Top.

• Upvote 1