K80Guy

I don't like the Gable Accents Chief includes.  Can I get someone to build me a version of this that I can adjust manually for different gables?  I build these onsite without the 2x materials.  Just the lower portion.

Thanks for the help.

Gable_Bracket_51T2_12_12_3_1_2__27378.13

51 minutes ago, K80Guy said:

Can I get someone to build me a version of this that I can adjust manually for different gables?

Do you have a shop drawing of a standard one that you use with a few measurements of the detail and stock size ?

You can follow this steps to create one with your dims.

1- open new plan and shoot elevation

2- draw the shape of all members(except the center piece) using cad poly lines and convert to poly line solid

3- draw the profile of your center piece using cad line and add it to your library. Use that molding line in plan view by click and drag to its plan dimentions and that is done. Finally position it to where it should be.( follow the video if you are not familiar with step 3, I hope creating PL solid using cad lines and converting it to p.s is quite easy)

4- Convert it to symbol, go back to your plan, put it there and done.

Here is a short video on how to

(Major area of concern here is step 3, hope the rest is straight forward using PS)

O

• Upvote 3

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    RichardMK
    Newest Member
    RichardMK

• By Travis-Garcia
      I cannot seem to figure out how to make this exposed gable have the same shiplap siding on it that the house has. I built the patio piece by piece using framing members and added roof planes and ceiling planes then added the gable. Now II cannot figure out how to add siding. 

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2021

• By DJohnsonSC
      I am trying to create a story and a half main house that has a two story gable roof addition.  I have been able to create the story and a half with a 1 story addition but can't figure out how to add a second story to the addition.  The main part of the house has a 10/12 roof (created by build roof options: move roof up 12', ignore 2nd floor).  The goal is to have the main roof 10/12 and the 2 story addition a 6/12 gable.

Pics below are a quick mockup. One showing the successful story and a half w addition.  The other a bit more unusual configuration that I may not be able to get past the building inspector.
      Thanks in advance for any help provided.

• By Darrellx
      I'm using home designed pro 2021.

Circled in the picture below is the area unfilled between the lower and upper roof where there is no wall.  I can extend the wall inward toward the peak to close the gap, but then area below the gap is closed off.  I've experimented, googled, and watched a bunch of video tutorials on roofs.  Actually seemed like one of the tutorial videos had a similar issue, but the instructor kinda glossed over it and changed to pitch on one roof to make it look a little better before moving on.

After banging my head for a few days, hoping someone has the answer.
      (plan is also attached for the image)
      MissingGableWall.plan
    • By Noremac
      Hello there!

I'm new to chief as of a few weeks ago. I'm really loving how in-depth you can get with it. Hopefully this isn't to much of a newbie question that is easily answered somewhere else but I have seen anything on it. I'm trying to attach a shed roof to a gable. I have a feeling this is something similar to a porch roof, but after messing with it for a few hours I cant figure it out. 

This is what I'm go

Here is where I'm at. 

I've attached my plan if that helps!
      I'm using x12 

Thanks!
      -Cam
      Piper_3rd Round 2_4_2021.plan
    • By decorators3
      Hi 

Normally I don't have too many issues with roofs unless they are complicated.  This one looks simple .. but I can't seem to get the straight across area for the roof indent. I can have teh roof with gable but not as it looks in the picture--- as you can see by the one with the X this is what I  end up with and the other is how it should look.. Any suggestions.. I tried adding another floor and reducing the height but then the roof was too high

You're imput is always welcome

Thanks
      Levina