Gonyea2017

Looking for Full-time (In office) Associate Architectural Designer/Drafter

Associate Architectural Designer/Drafter – Remodeling

Full-Time in Office Position in Golden Valley, Mn

Summary Statement

The Associate Architectural Designer/Drafter will support the Drafting and Design Department. This position will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work through collaborative work with fellow employees and professional communication with external clients, vendors, and partners.

Responsibilities

1. Assist in onsite measures of existing homes to prepare for As-Builts
  2. Create original, accurate As-Built Plan for use by the Design Department.
  3. Assist in Building Plan drafting updates as projects move through the Design phases (redlines) to ensure maximum efficiency from design to production.
  4. Discuss changes and corrections with estimating prior to Costing stages and during Design.
  5. Responsible for initial sizing of window and door design along with creation of a Schedule. Responsible for tracking all changes and updates to Window and Door Schedule and updating the Design and Sales Team. Responsible for creation and execution of Window and Door Purchase Order. Responsible for the complete and correct delivery of windows and doors to jobsite, as well as any necessary acquisition of missing components.
  6. Monitor and update our web based project portal with necessary files. 
  7. Assist in the creation and application of Building Permits.
  8. Assist all departments within the Remodeling Division as necessary.

Qualifications

• Drafting, Civil, or Design Degree
  • 4 years minimum drafting experience using Chief Architect and in construction or Building materials related industry
  • High level of Experience with Microsoft Office products & Autocad
  • Excellent math skills, customer service, written & verbal communication
  • Valid driver’s license and vehicle

Working Conditions

• Light work, exerting up to 20 lbs. of force or less.
  • Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (near vision) and ability to identify/distinguish colors.
  • Requires fingering, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
  • 85% of time requires viewing and working at computer screen
  • Significant work pace & pressure due to deadline

Please send all inquiries and resumes to our Human Resources department at the following address: hr@gonyeahomes.com

You should add the location.  OK I see it now at the top of the post.  Thanks.

Hey tom you wouldn't move from your location to min. would you???

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    evanacree
    Newest Member
    evanacree

• By Eckstrom
      Hi all-

I own a small residential design firm near Boston, MA and I’m looking to outsource my plans from the conceptual phase thru final construction docs. I would have 20-30 hours a week to fill if I had the right person. The work could be remote from anywhere or could report to my office. Looking to start pretty much right away. Shoot me a message or email ethan@eckstromhomedesigns.com with a sample set of plans and your hourly or per job pricing. I’ll attached some examples of my work, I like my sets to be as detailed and clean looking as possible.

Thanks!
      Ethan Eckstrom

• By DCB123
      I am a creative Cadd designer with unique experience and perspective from my collection of work as a designer. I have 10 years experience as an engineering tech and cadd designer, working for architects and engineers.

I  use Chief Architect Premier X9 - X11(SSA member) and have used Chief Architect since Version X6, or for roughly 5-8 years. I use Team Viewer and Zoom meeting to conduct online meetings and review work together online. I am technologically versed in all types of Cadd programs, and other software that help me in my design business.

I am happy to talk with you about your design needs, or to review your plan with you online to see how we could work together. I am on the east coast of SW Florida. My rates can be discussed on a per project basis, or hourly based on the size and scope of the project.

Douglas Burgmann
      Accurate As-Builts & Design
      (970)987-4476 cell
      email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      Web: http://www.dcbcaddesigns.com
      FB: dcb1234

DCB Designs_Resume-(08-10-17) - FL.docx
      Pattillo Recomendation Letter0001.pdf

• By Puuwai
      ARCHITECT-TEAM MANAGER HANDOUT.pdf
    • By DesignMC
      Hi! We are doing a fairly large home renovation and we are really close to getting started. However, I am not 100% sold on the plans we have from our architect and want to get a 2nd opinion of sorts to accomplish the changes we want on the 2nd floor. I was thinking of trying to do it myself with software until I came across this forum. Is this something someone here does well? If so, what is your hourly rate? I need a quick turn around as we are trying to get permits submitted this month and would need to discuss with our contractor prior to that. I would rather not go back to the architect at this point. I live in a colonial in northern NJ if that makes a difference. 
      Thanks!
      MC