rlackore

Sidewall Vent

Here's a hvac sidewall vent similar to the Trane Bayvent. It can be used to vent many types of equipment including furnaces, water heaters, etc.

SidewallVent.calibz

sidwallvent.thumb.PNG.ab18c03cfb0945fdf20473550028a6e5.PNGSidewallVent2.thumb.PNG.acb1976cc256e69e9ea783204bac467f.PNG

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bren0625
    Newest Member
    Bren0625

• By CDCDLLC_2014
      Hello,

My name is Brent Freeman, I live in Phoenix AZ and would love to do your drafting!

Have job-site experience, start to finish, 40 years-combined family experience.

Whatever the project, I can help! 
      I can provide structural or civil engineering if required.

Complete sets of plans for residential or small commercial projects ready to submit to the city!
      3D and Landscape renderings for HOA's!

Obtaining sub-contractor proposals, creating cost breakdowns and material estimates for your project. 

If in the state of Arizona I can also provide contracting! 

Have worked with several municipalities to get approved permits. 

Email Me at: Brent@cdcillc.com
      Call or text me at: 623-432-6312
      For More Info!

• By ajrare
      Does Chief Architect have an HVAC ductwork tool?

On commercial building plans typically show hvac trunk lines, does Chief have tool for?
    • By Meltdown0
      I'm playing with a trial of Chief X8 and ran into something I cannot figure out.  I found a bunch of different vents located in the "Core Catalogs; Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing; Ventilation" section.  I can place gable vents, roof vents, foundation vents, etc. but I cannot place the "Attic Vents" (what Chief calls Louvered Gable Peak Vents). Is this a special process or a limit of the trial?
    • By CARMELHILL
      This is way off topic but I need some help. We just switched to the 2015 IECCC. My local plans examiner just told me he's going to start requiring HVAC duct designs for additions. I already use a consultant to provide HERS ratings and Manual J for new homes, but for a second story dormer addition this is getting nuts! I asked if he's going to require hot water baseboard pipe design and baseboard lengths and he said no. HOWEVER, he's going to want an analysis calculations to prove the existing how water heater and furnace can handle the additional load. 

I'm an architect, not an engineer. Does anyone know of software that can get me started on this because there is NOWAY I am telling me clients they need to hire an additional consultant to get a permit to add a family room, or finish a garage, etc.. This is getting completely out of hand. Tomorrow I am submitting my resume to the local 7 Eleven. Life has to get easier.
    • By CARMELHILL
      I never tried this, maybe someone else knows....how much of the original manipulation of original Sketchup items remain after they are imported into Chief?

I'll try it at the office on Tuesday, just thought I would post the question here for some Sunday afteroon, below 1degree F, thniking...brrrr.

Yesterday I was looking at Sketchup Pro and saw two extensions that would be tremendously helpful in lite commercial work. They have an HVAC ductwork extension and an Engineering piping extension.

If you import a few symbols made in Sketchup with these extensions do you still think you can manipulate them in Cheif, or would you have to do the whole design in Sketchup and then import the finished piping layout into Chief as an end product? I hate having to switch back and forth for EVERY revision.