my program is too slow

amaliya

I guess I asked a question that wasn't specific enough. I thought there had to be at some point (varies with systems people are using) where a certain number of symbol faces became more of an issue than others. I'll just open alot of core symbols for appliances. lights, fixtures, etc and and see where they fall.    I just kept seeing that a high face count on a symbol can cause a plan to slow down.  I was just trying to define what "high" was. Whether it is a range or a stool I would assume a face count of 300K is high and it doesnt matter what the symbol is. Sorry for the question

1 minute ago, RobUSMC said:

I guess I asked a question that wasn't specific enough. I thought there had to be at some point (varies with systems people are using) where a certain number of symbol faces became of an issue than others. I'll just open alot of core symbols for appliances. lights, fixtures, etc and and see where they fall.    I just kept seeing that a high face count on a symbol can cause a plan to slow down.  I was just trying to define what "high" was. Whether it is a range or a stool I would assume a face count of 300K is high and it doesnt matter what the symbol is. Sorry for the question

From past experimentation a total face count of around 800,000 will start to induce slowness in most reasonably configured systems. Architectural blocks will also contribute to this. One way to help minimize this is to turn off display layers that are not required. It seems that the active display layers have an impact on what CA needs to process for display purposes.