First Floor Post Footings Not Found On Foundation Page?

ACME77

Hello! Wondering if somebody can tell me where I went wrong? I created posts with footing on my first floor plan. I then created my foundation and I can not get my post footings to show up on my Foundation Page. Since I have already designed my single story house with manually added posts and footings I do not want to add footings under posts on my foundation page. I also can not get my posts or footing to show up on my foundation page to even locate them???

Any ideas??

Upload the files to DropBox if the forum is problematic. Either way,

1.save and then close out the files in CA

2. zip the files

3. the upload feature for the forum is 2 steps, first you select the files then there is a button to upload the files

For larger files I usually use Drop Box. Easy to set up a free account.

One way to achieve what you are looking for is by using the Reference sets. You need to learn a bit about these to make good use of their potential. Basically, once you set up a reference set you can use it to display objects on other floors.

Check the file I uploaded and go to the Foundation Layerset. The reference display set is properly set in this file and I altered the reference set to only show the footings for the posts. You can make multiple reference sets so that you can use others for the various files that get sent to Layout.

Backing up, you really, really need to study Annotation sets for about 10 minutes so that you can produce drawings in an efficient manner. Not using the Annotation sets is ignoring one the most valuable production tools that you paid for when buying CA.

post-170-0-38378900-1405273007_thumb.png

shuey 2nd house tweaked ref display.zip