ECIDesigner

How to Open Saved Camera/Elevation Views

Hi! Newbie question here...

How do I get to my saved camera/elevation views? I hit save before exiting my drawings, but when I reopen the file I can not find my saved camera/elevation views. I always open new camera views but that then changes the camera/elevation number and I'm up to Camera 22 from where I open and close constantly while working!! There has to be an easy way to work off the original saved camera views. 

Thanks for your help! 

Jennifer

X8 user

Find them in the Project  Browser, then double click them to open them.

browser.thumb.PNG.8a7fc5e18a0e04def977e6b0d50320cb.PNG

Are you actually clicking on the save camera icon or just saving the file and then exiiting? The save camera icon is available when the camera is open. If you don't click on it the camera will not be saved and not available the next time you open the file.

3 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Are you actually clicking on the save camera icon or just saving the file and then exiiting? The save camera icon is available when the camera is open. If you don't click on it the camera will not be saved and not available the next time you open the file.

Yep, good point. Most changes made within the dialog box will automatically save the camera. Probably the easiest thing to ensure the camera is saved is to simply change the name:

dbx.thumb.PNG.80939d9823c071f04a29b695638e6b90.PNG

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    goshgolly
    Newest Member
    goshgolly

• By Alyssa5
      Hi, 
      I have attached a couple of screenshots to best describe my problem
      Whenever I move the camera view, I get this sort of distort colouring on my walls?
      Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks

• By GCCISarah
      Has anyone found how to re-name their Camera Callout Labels in X12? For example, my cameras are set up with a Callout Label of "C1, C2, C3..." etc etc. This is by way of some default setting that I cannot seem to find. Each new camera automatically labels and numbers itself in succession as noted above. However, I have decided I'd like name all of my future Full Cameras as "P1, P2, P3... " in a new plan. 
      Except for opening each individual camera to change the Callout Label, I cannot find a setting to change this default to start with a "P" and automatically number itself from there! It seems to be missing from the Full Camera Defaults page.. You CAN set a default for "Text Below Line" but not for the Callout Label itself for cameras?

• By divreig
      I think I am missing something. I want the "Text Below Line" on my Elevation Camera Labels/callouts to show the sheet number. And make this the default. Does any one know how? 
    • By Aamir77
      Hi folks,
      I was using chief architect x9 for the last several months. Meanwhile, I had to change the hard drive of my Pc.
      On the new drive after installation, I am stuck with a strange problem. I do not see anything in standard camera view except the backdrop even a 4 walled room looks invisible. Whereas everything looks fine in the orthographic overview and orthographic floor overview.
      If I select the room randomly clicking on the backdrop in standard camera view, room selection lines do appear. I tried to change the default settings of the camera but no result, I tried to tweak the preferences and here, if I uncheck the USE ENHANCED LIGHTING option in RENDER subfolder, a dark room shows up in standard camera view  like the one I attached with this thread as a JEPG image. Please guide me step by step where is the problem keeping in mind that I am a novice.
      Thanks in advance.

• By liveatul
      How can I import images from my iPad photo library? And use as a new object or use in photo frames as a patterns.
      Pl. update