Mirrored/Reflected settings

PLANsLLC123

I am designing a detached garage for a client, but want to add a quick rendering of the existing house so I can produce realistic 3D images of the design related to the house.  The house has a second story.  When I add a story to the house, one is added to the garage as well.  It seems the program is not seeing the structures as independent from one another.  Is there a setting I need to change or do I need to design the second structure as a New Plan then import?

I am working in x9.

Suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Thank you Solver.  That worked!  The house roof also reflected the short eave I have on the garage, but I was able to move the house eave independently.  

Simple solution..., thought I had tried it (?)  Feeling dumb..

DRAWZILLA....thank you for advice re. multiple floors.  Helpful to know.  I used a similar technique on a Barn that had a large shop area below and living area above, adding a second floor allowed a Mezzanine level that incorporated a first floor paint booth and bathroom with 8' ceilings and a stair landing.   

Thanks for sharing this practice.

Thank you Both!

When you created the 2nd floor, you could have chose the option to draw your own 2nd floor walls over the first floor walls rather than having Chief do them automatically.  Going this route, you would not have seen any 2nd floor walls over the garage.  If you go auto mode, Chief will draw 2nd floor walls over all first floor "exterior" walls.