SteveByars

How to Create L-Shaped Wall Opening

How can I create an L-shaped wall opening as shown in the attached picture? I've tried mulling doors and windows together but always get a section of wall/frame between them.

thanks!

L-shape Opening.JPG

Use a doorway for the opening. Place a short section of half height wall off to the side. 

Mark it No Room Definition. Select it and center it in the opening. Adjust for length and height etc.

Use a Room Molding Polyline for the baseboard.

Better yet,  put ina 3070 doorway and then to the side put in a 3040 pass thru,  I think you will get what you are after.

• Upvote 1

OK -- what Scott said :)

Use Transform/Replicate to move one over the other so they overlap.

Or maybe there is an easier way?

ct1.thumb.jpg.818c26690dbb60e610f5082159899a7d.jpg

21 minutes ago, solver said:

Or maybe there is an easier way?

Only slightly...

Don't use a doorway and a pass-through, just use 2 doorways.  Copy and paste the second and adjust height as necessary.  It will frame a little better too.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    MarkMMV
    Newest Member
    MarkMMV

• By rembocanoe66
      I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).
      In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.
      Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 
      It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks
      Ray
    • By DTCBuild
      I design for a builder who uses concrete walls (Ritek). The builder wants the plans to show the window size correctly with the cutout 40mm larger all round. I see you can do this with stem walls. Is there a work around for normal walls? Doors are ok, I just make the jamb 40mm wide. This doesn’t seem to work for windows. The wall manufacturer wants to read my cad files, measuring the rough openings.  Any suggestions would be great, thanks
    • By jheath21
      Help! How do I connect the walls to the roof?

• By Sweeney
      Hey All, 

Is there any way to include the jamb width in a door schedule? For example...

Door Unit is a Marvin Clad Ultimate CUFD 3070 S LHIS
      Door Frame Size: 37 7/16" x 86"
      Door Jamb Size: 1 3/16"

Door schedule shows the width as 35-1/16...**37-7/16" - (1-3/16 x 2)** and I want it to show 37-7/16

Is there a macro I can edit to act more like the widow schedule preforms?

Thanks is advance,
      Austin 

• By mborean
      I need to draw a greenhouse window in an as-built drawing such as in the attached photo. The Bay or Box window doesn't work as it   places walls under the three windows.  If there is a symbol out there I can't find it.  Anyone run across this.

Thanks