tchomes

Attic Wall Changes Between X8 and X9?

I opened a plan in X9 this morning that I completed in X8 back in January.  To my suprise, the attic walls for the dormers are sticking above the roof and the windows in that area are messed up.  I have noticed this happening before with older plans that we use to modify.  I decided to take some time this morning and look through the forums and try to determine what is going on between X8 & X9.  We have so many more issues with X9 and attic walls and auto dormers.  Something apparently changed...

See photos below of what is appearing when I open the file in X9.  I can open in X8 and it appears correct.

I assume some simple setting that I need to fix when opening these older plans.  I appreciate the help so I can quit scratching my head and placing blame somewhere else :)

Front_Plan.png

Rear_Plan.png

Van Hoff Residence H Rear 2.jpg

Van Hoff Residence g plat front.jpg

You didn't think to post the plan?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cdst58
    Newest Member
    cdst58

• By Alyssa5
      Hi, 
      I have attached a couple of screenshots to best describe my problem
      Whenever I move the camera view, I get this sort of distort colouring on my walls?
      Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks

• By Alyssa5
      Hi,
      I am using Chief Architect X8 on a Mac.
      I am having trouble with roof planes - I want to be able to change the baseline height but it keeps defaulting back and won't alter.
      Yet when I open the same file on another computer I can change it
      Any suggestions?

Thanks
    • By jessde
      x9   intermediate skills
      Can someone explain how to configure text in other than a straight line?
      Thanks for any help offered.
      J
    • By PinnacleChief
      Good Morning!  I am upgrading to x11 this week and wanted to know what to do with x10 and x9 on my desktop.  Can I move these over to a zip drive and retrieve them later if I need to view an old plan that I made?  I'm trying to free up some space on my computer.  I haven't used x9 since I upgraded to x10, so I'm assuming that once I upgrade to x11, I won't be using x10 either.  What do you guys do?

Thanks,
      Jim
    • By Ajay44
      No longer using the software so I am selling it for $1600.00 or best reasonable offer. I will handle the license transfer and fee. If you are interested, give me a reply and we can discuss the details.