CKBD templates

SusanC

Hi,

Has anyone used the NKBA / CKBD templates in Chief to take the CKBD exam?  

More specifically I was wondering if anyone has found an efficient way to create the "Specifications List" that is required on the main floorplan.  I would like to have that linked to the cabinets so it would update automatically when changes are made.  

Thanks,

Susan

Do a search for NKBA exam drawings will bring up links to a series of tips from Chief Architect (or look in the on line support) video sounds like Scott Harris who has taken the test.

Been a long time since I took the prep classes and never got around to the test but my take is:

A cabinet schedule will give you the callouts on the plan and a table with those listed.

A few things can be tricky to get into the schedule- plan with samples attached. Not how I do it IRL but should help.

I used the comment field in the OIP to write descriptions. You can use a built in macro to have dimensions update automatically (add your own ")

When you are done, select the schedule, renumber. THEN move items around till the numbering suits you.

NKBA schedule.plan

Thank you Mark!  I knew you would have a suggestion and I appreciate your sharing.  I've been watching Scott Harris's videos on the CKBD exam and I've downloaded the templates he created.  I've even emailed with Scott, but I needed a visual to figure out how to simplify the cabinet schedule down to something that would look like the format needed on the exam - so thank you!

Susan