Wall Help, Extend wall into floor platform

ACADuser

Not sure why I cant solve this but need some help.

I tried wall dbx balloon through ceiling. Maybe that is only for framing?

The wall shown in the picture is a 8" CMU wall & should completely separate the units. (Fire Wall)

Also the Framing Ortho View is what I want to share with the customer but I can't close those wall gaps.

https://accounts.chiefarchitect.com/3DV/166993214454130

MacDill RH-Unit Treetop Framing.zip

CA Walls.JPG

I think you might want to check "hang floor platform on wall above."  This would have the effect of continuing the CMU wall from the floor below up to the one above, and the floor will butt into it.  That sounds like the detail you are looking for in a firewall.

I've attached the plan back to you with this feature selected, and I think it did the trick.

MacDill RH-Unit Treetop Framing.zip

• 3 months later...

I had a similar problem today and called Chief Support.    No easy solution and they recommended using a polyline solid for my fire wall and then manually framing it from there.    It would be nice if Chief added a true fire wall that balloon frames through all the floor platforms and through the roof.

Rod, Support said the same thing:

Hello,
To do what you describe, for each 8” CMU wall on each of your floors, you can extend that wall through the floor platform by selecting that wall, then click Open Object, then on the Structure panel, put a check next to ‘Hang Floor Platform Above on Wall’ and then click OK. After doing this to each of the desired walls, your elevation view should show the walls extending through the floor platform.
I hope this information is helpful,

<sorry for the late reply>

• Upvote 1