adding second floor

martinc

Hi,

I've just started using Design Suite 2018, and have created a landscape with 4 buildings on the plot, rooms with internal walls etc.

I want to add a second floor to 1 building, the house only. If I select the house and use BUILD/FLOOR/BUILD NEW FLOOR it creates a second floor ok, but adds a second floor to all 4 buildings on the plan. I've tried selecting just a single room in the house and adding a second floor, it adds a second floor to all 4 buildings again?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, any ideas?

Hi:

this forum is mainly for users of Chief Premier but all are welcome especially users of HD PRO

there is the Hometalk forum for users of the other HD products

does HD Suite allow you to create a floor manually ?

if so, just create the second floor manually where needed

using the autobuild will not work - unless you want to manually delete the unwanted floors

In Chief Premier I prefer to create each building in a separate plan

then create 3D symbols for them and then place those symbols in the Master site plan

HD Suite does not have that capability

Lew

Thanks for such a quick reply Lew,

I've tried adding the floor using the menu and the shortcut up arrow/X and get the same result.

Maybe that's just the way it works in DS.

The internals for the house I'll do on a separate plan as that will be more complex (the house was built in 1650), and then just have an footprint outline for the buildings on the 'overall plot' plan which I want more for landscaping etc.

Thanks for your help

You can have as many floors as you want, if you don't draw any walls on that 2nd floor, you won't have one. I do 1 story plans all the time using 3 floors just in case I need them for skylight shafts, raised ceilings. It an attic if no wall are there.