Ok This Ones Driving Me Nuts! Color Change.... Windows Move !

jessde

X5 windows 7.....  pretty new at this

When using the eyedropper to change color on a window casing I do all the usual steps. Click the eyedropper, click on a color I want to match, dropper changes to roller, click on casing and rather than changing color the window moves.

It works fine on other materials just not these particular windows. 

Anyone have a clue why this might be happening?

thanks

Jess

Are your windows overlapping?  And by overlapping, I don't just mean the obvious cases.  Some shaped windows will behave strangely if there are other windows inside the area that they would cover if they were not shaped.  I had a plan with 4 triangle windows that I wanted all next to each other and had lots of weird things happen anytime I tried to make simple changes. 

If this is not your problem, either post a picture or your plan.

The paint roller blends the selected color with the existing material and thus creates a new material (I rarely use that tool that way).

The material painter and eye-dropper have four distinct "modes" of use "component": applying the material change just to the single selected object, "Room" which applys the change to all objects of the same type in the "room" where the action is being taken, "Floor": where all objects of the same type per floor will be changed and lastly "Plan": where all objects of the same type will be changed using that mode per object application.

After that it is a matter of how preceisely you left-click and your video card's ability to differenciate between one surface and another,

Are your windows mulled perhaps?

DJP

Yes weird things are happening.

I just changed the color of all the casing, baseboard etc. using the tool successfully. Only these clerestory windows react that way. The windows are not close together enough to be a problem with selecting them.

I just got back to work so will keep trying.

Thanks for everyone's input.