Small house plans from the 60's

Gawdzira

I remember my Grandparents house. It was about a 600- sf square box. On the main floor it had quite a few walls and rooms including1 bathroom for the whole house. The mast bedroom was on the main level. The upstairs had 2 bedrooms built under the roof and the garage was located under the main floor. I remember the stairs up to the bedrooms and down to the garage were very steep and narrow. There was an old oil fired furnace downstairs that would creek, bang and scare the crap out of me.

Interesting to see. I noticed only a handful of those specific designs had a mere carport, which was big at that time. Now we design glorified garages with a house tucked in there somewhere. I think some of today`s garages are bigger than those houses.

2 hours ago, justmejerry said:

Now we design glorified garages with a house tucked in there somewhere. I think some of today`s garages are bigger than those houses.

That is so true and so annoying.  I've gotten some pretty ridiculous requests on garage sizes...  people dont need so much stuff.  Its like they move from house to house bringing boxes they never open with them to each new location, only to eventually die and give their boxes to a family member who just sells all the crap anyways.