Foundation Walls Disappearing

Certeza

For some reason, the 8" thick foundation walls are no longer showing up in my material lists. They don't show in the General section lineal footage or in the Foundation section for concrete yardage. I've tried everything I can think of and can't get them to show up. It just happens every once in a while. If I start a new plan it works, but then randomly it stops. I've tried to attach the plan but for some reason it is 65MB and exceeds the limit.

Any suggestions?

Unfortunstely, when I try to recreate in a small plan, the walls show up. It seems very random. I even started a new plan and did a copy/paste in place of all content and it showed up again.

Just very frustrating to get well into a plan and suddenly those wall materials disappear. It's strange, but a cross section of the foundation walls reveals a hollow wall as well. 

• 4 months later...

It is being caused by the fact that those walls are defined as Foundation walls.

I am not 100% sure why as I haven't had too much time to look at the plan in depth.

Trouble is when you don't make them a Foundation wall, you loose the footings.

I wouldn't have drawn the plan with the lower floor on level zero - and I think that could be part of the problem.

I would draw the lower floor on level 1 and then Have a foundation on level zero.

4 hours ago, Certeza said:

Well, I never was able to figure out this problem and now it's back. I've attached a file. Does anyone have any ideas on this. When pulling up a material list, the foundation walls and footing have disappeared.

Missing_Foundation.plan

The problem is that your "Walls, Foundation" layer is not set to be included in the material list...

Material.thumb.png.be661968a904918f3605f1aa4a48cc94.png

...fix that by placing the little M in that box (checking Material List or just clicking in that box) and you should be good to go.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Michael,

I did look for the layer setting suspecting that was the culprit, but I only checked in the Camera, Dollhouse View layerset whilst viewing it in a 3D view, where it was turned on.

So...I'm just trying to get my head around what is the point of having the M available in 3D view layersets when it seems to be the floor plan layerset setting that takes precedence in generating a ML?

I have just done a bit of experimenting and it appears that, in a 3D view, even though a layer is checked to be included in the ML, it makes no difference because it is the M Layer setting in the floor plan view layer set that determines what is included in the ML - as is evidenced in this case.

• Upvote 1