Auto Roof Regeneration

Andy6875

I am new to CA X8 and am working on my first house. I generated first and second floor plans and auto generated a roof but need to revise the roof. When I go to Build Roof, Auto Rebuild Roof the second floor walls extend up another full story and the new roof is added. I end up with a 3 story tall building. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Andy6875

Your roof is building way up there because you have assigned super high ceiling values to those top floor rooms.  It looks to me like maybe you moved them way up to accommodate some vaulted ceilings?  If so, that isn't the correct way to deal with those areas.  You should be unchecking Ceiling Over This Room in the Room Structure Tab and either using the roof structure as your ceiling or adding a manually drawn ceiling plane. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks, I didn't intentionally set high ceiling values. I will adjust those. Another quick question - solver told me to close the file on my computer before I sent it and now when I try to re-open it, it says it is locked or open in another location?

7 minutes ago, Andy6875 said:

Thanks, I didn't intentionally set high ceiling values. I will adjust those. Another quick question - solver told me to close the file on my computer before I sent it and now when I try to re-open it, it says it is locked or open in another location?

I've never had that problem but another user described the same issue recently.  The file seems to be getting tied up but another program...probably your web browser.  What web browser are you using?  Anyway, try cutting or copying the file and pasting it to a new location and opening from there.  Either that or just download your own attachment. 

You can also restart the machine if you want but eventually that file should get freed up.  If it's your web browser you may just be able to shut that down instead of a complete restart.