Truss labels LOCKED

ShaneK

Truss labels in truss detail are LOCKED!!!!! Am I missing something or rather has something changed? We should be able to move them, yes layer is unlocked. I called tech but no answer, just confirmed my situation. Also open plan and try to add another mono truss opposite of truss #12 which is normal. Error message tells me not enough room bla, bla, bla. Cross section shows plenty of room. Been away for too long,,,,,,,,,,,big project keeping me away from forum time. 

Dining Rm Truss 2.plan

1 hour ago, ShaneK said:

Truss labels in truss detail are LOCKED!!!!! Am I missing something or rather has something changed? We should be able to move them, yes layer is unlocked. I called tech but no answer, just confirmed my situation. Also open plan and try to add another mono truss opposite of truss #12 which is normal. Error message tells me not enough room bla, bla, bla. Cross section shows plenty of room. Been away for too long,,,,,,,,,,,big project keeping me away from forum time. 

Dining Rm Truss 2.plan

Don't have a lot of time to get into your issues in a lot of depth, but here are a couple possible solutions to your problems:

Labels: 

1. Unlock the Roofs, Gable Lines layer in your Truss Detail Set
  2. Select the truss envelope polyline, copy it, and place that copy off to the side somewhere.
  3. Change the line style for that new polyline to the invisible line style.  You can now use this copy of the truss envelope polyline as a moveable label.  NOTE:  You can optionally and easily resize that second polyline by control or shift selecting it and using the resize handle to scale it down in order to make it a little more manageable.
  4. Mask the original label with a small polyline (solid fill set to match background color and using the invisible line style).

Hip Jack ("mono truss"):

1. Select Truss #12 and Lock Truss Envelope.
  2. Copy Paste In Place a second copy of that truss.
  3. Place a temporary point at the intersection of the center of your hip jack and the center of your hip girder (or whatever you want to call it).
  4. Rotate/Resize About Current Point and rotate the new rafter 90 degrees.

Rotate.png

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for work around, labels should be moveable with "select" as it was in previous verXVII ( see picture) and roof truss should fit too if all was well in the program. I reported bugs and I had already done truss work around but I made symbol so it shows in 3d.

truss label.png

Mono truss.jpg