What's the best approach to build 8' & 10" wide walls that will have various transitions to conventional 2x4 framing.

AlwaysEastern

I want to build 8" & 10" stud walls, with 5/8 drywall - overall interior walls width's would end up at 9 1/4" & 11 1/4". These walls are sporadic through the plan with 2x4 wall 16OC being the majority of walls.

I have tested:

furred walls

a wall with two 3.5 studs with air gap between

8" and 10" studs

I have also drawn out 2x4 stud walls to make with returns to make the width's I need which has way too many unspecified rooms. 

Ideally, I would want to build one wall with two 3.5" studs and 3" air gap between. Depending on the conditions with other walls, this results in a 65% success rate in getting correctly framed connections and room/plan dimensions that I want. I either get unrealistic framing connections even though playing with wall layers and build through tools. Walls will also snap longer or shorter than wanted or end walls or wall connections have visible studs in 3D views in certain conditions. These walls do however show nicely in plan view if they dimension to the right spots. I have played with general wall defaults, the wall structure tab, and edit wall layer section tool. None of which have given 100% results. 

Does anyone have suggestions or results they can share?

X9 8 & 10 wall test plan.zip

Yeh, thanks Perry. Chief is having a hard time making accurate connections with specific dimensions mostly for short segments of wall. Longer wall segments of my 10" stud wall with 90 degree turns are no problem. I can live with the framing being wrong, but missing drywall and walls in wrong places  make it time consuming and frustrating to chase every wall connection. If I get one wall to look good, then the other wall I fixed prior reverts back.