2D Block Placement Doesn't Match 3D Symbol

Joe_Carrick

I can't think of any cases where coordinating the 2D and 3D origins would cause such problems.  The use of the Ctrl key for moving objects simply allows the user to over-ride Chief's built-in axis and snap locks and allows the user to place 2 objects within the same physical space.  Sometimes that is fine and sometimes it creates other problems.

For placing Appliances into Cabinets I prefer to use the center tool or transform/replicate or both.  The accuracy doing it that way is much better. 

IAE, I never said that it must be all my way - in fact, I believe I've given several possible solutions and none of them would preclude you from having the 2D and 3D origins different.  Why do you insist that I shouldn't be able to have them match if I want to offset them the same?  There are many Symbols in Chief that have offset 3D origins (Doors, Doorways and Windows for example often need that in order to be positioned correctly in 3D.  Many Appliance Symbols that are designed ot be placed in Cabinets have such offsets.)  In most cases Chief handles the 2D representation of those objects internally.  However, there are cases where the user wants to create or import a Symbol to act in a specific manner and not having the option to control the placement of the 2D Block to match what the 3D origin provides just doesn't make sense.